• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Simplified protocol and amalgams removal

I have been thinking about trying out the simplified protocol for some time. However, I'm not sure about the timing as I'm currently having my amalgams removed. My dentist wants me to go slow and the whole process is going to take about another six months.
I'm not doing any chelation just taking a simple multimin (I don't tolerate any of the fat soluble vitamins), milk thistle and vitamin C.
My questions are
1. Is it better to wait until all amalgams have been removed?
I have read that people, when they get started on the protocol they start to move toxins a lot and I wouldn't want to add to my mercury load.
On the other hand it could help with overall detox.

2. Would toxin-binders or fibers make detox easier, therefore alleviating any potential problems with starting the protocol? I read about Cholestyramine being used for such purposes. I'm not able to get that prescribed and I wondered whether there are non-rx fibers that may be similarly effective?

3. I read about molybdenum but can't retrace the post, could somebody pls help explain what the issues are with this mineral?

Any advice much appreciated.

SJB944

Can I bump this post. I have 3 amalgam fillings and would like thoughts on chelation prior to having them removed.

Cheers
SJB