• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Simplified Methylation Protocol two weeks in....

AndrewB

Ive been on the full Simplified Methylation Protocol for two weeks now.
I havent counted the week leading upto taking the full amount of the suppliments.
Two days in and i started to feel quite energetic and actually woke up looking forward
to taking the protocol.
However, for about 3 days now ive been getting the detox symptoms Rick mentioned.
Ive got a little cough, the night sweats are back, i get the odd headache, and my body
is more fatigued.
I did decrease the Hydroxy and B12 drops down to one drop each, i'll work them back up,
as my breathing seemed to get 'harder', and when i decreased those, it helped a little.
Can anyone tell me if there is an average period for the detox symptoms.
I first fell ill last summer 2010, and had a 7 month partial recovery period before falling
very ill again this june, i mention that because i watched a video of Ricks talk and he did
say that the longer you've been poorly, the worse those detox symptoms can be, but, unless
i missed something, he didnt mention how long the detox feelings would last.
I DO remember him saying that if you get these flu / original ME symptoms worse on the protocol, to
take it as a good sign.

maddietod

I think the detox varies widely, so individual stories might not be useful. I had those symptoms for about a month, but very off and on. I happened to start juicing green vegetables at that time, and found that this juice stopped the detox symptoms. I think lemon juice in water helped too. Someone questioned that I might be stopping the detox, not just the symptoms, but nobody answered about that.

Good luck!

suzanne

Yep, it seems idividual. Most seem to say that past 3 or 4 months it gets improves. I have been on Fredd's protocol from just over 3 months and am really suffering with a worsening of all my pre existing symptoms except energy levels which are better in the atter part of the day. My worst symptos are headaches, itchy skin and nausea- I sometimes get sore teeth on and off. I never had nausea or sore teeth before i started this so a this point I feel worse rather than better. i am hoping that this is a sign that this is working. The challenge is hanging in there long enough through the worsening of symptoms. I know that I have mercury issues that i need to attend to ( based on testing and also my reactions to the chelators), but I guess only so much detox is tolerable at one point in time. I wish you the best in your recovery.

People on this site have been very generous with me in sharing their ideas. You are in good hands.

In case it is of help to you, but whenever I get sore teeth I take extra anti-oxidants, especially Vitamin C (usually only C, but if that doesn't do the trick I take alpha lipoic acid). It works.

If the protocol is making your Kreb cycle work again, that cycle is also called the citric acid cycle and needs Vitamin C!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi Andrew - I've been working up to the SMP and have been on the full doses for about four days, with fluey feelings. I asked Rich on the main thread what the timescale was for detox/general yuk and he kindly replied in this post.

As you say, let's hope our feeling ill now is a good sign!