Surprisingly good outcomes for people who get ME/CFS after Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever)
Sometimes ME/CFS emerges after mononucleosis, or glandular fever. Simon McGrath shares results from a long-term follow-up study from Haukeland University Hospital in Norway...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Similar post-infection syndrome? Anthrax victims have chronic fatigue & memory probs

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Saw this on another list. Thought it might interest somebody

2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hi Dolphin, thanks for this article. The biggest risk factor for ME is severity of initial illness (this was CFS research though). I think we can agree anthrax is a severe infection.

What is interesting is the prevalence of the post infectious fatigue and related symptoms. 53% implies that, if we are going to call this ME or something similar, that the syndrome is an immune aberration and not due to a pathogen. Prior post infectious studies have shown only a little over 10% have very long term issues.

Bye, Alex

3. Annikki

Annikki

Some people have suggested experimental anthrax vaccines were used on Gulf War Veterans. If this doesn't relate to CFS it still may possibly relate to GWS.

See more popular forum discussions.