1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Silver Enhances Antibiotic Activity Against Gram-Negative Bacteria

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by snowathlete, Jun 19, 2013.

1. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    This research isn't directly related to ME/CFS but could be pertinent for people with Bartonella, and other Gram-negative bacterial infections...Perhaps even Borrelia (which isn't strictly Gram negative, but not strictly positive either).

http://stm.sciencemag.org/content/5/190/190ra81

But you do have to be careful about ingesting silver because although it has low toxicity, it is retained in the body and can turn you into a smurf (blue/grey/silvery skin) if you take too much! :eek::confused::cool:
    sianrecovery and ggingues like this.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

Or maybe a Na'vi! :)

Sushi
    snowathlete likes this.
  3. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Indeed!

I wonder, would we take it if it cured us, but made us look blue like this?
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

Maybe that is the next step in human evolution! We wouldn't need a secret handshake! :rofl:

Sushi
    Valentijn and snowathlete like this.
  5. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH

My Dr prescribed me Azithomycin, he has mentioned Bartonella in the past, and more recently Strep A, I am supposed to have blood work done 1 week after being done the prescription, which will be next Friday.

GG

PS He also "prescribed" me silver. This is the website on the bottle, but does not appear like the product I have, odd?:

http://argentyn23.com/

Amazon has pics of the product I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6ez53c3n82_b
  6. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    I've been using a number of silvers on and off for years, and find them helpful, including topically. My nutritionalist reckons the ASAP stuff is best, but I've had other people say different, and that you should always go with the smallest particle size. I don't know about that.

See more popular forum discussions.