Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Silkworm Cocoon for Your Brain (Brain Factor-7)

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Changexpert, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Changexpert

Changexpert Senior Member

Very interesting article (more like an advertisement). The basic idea is that once silk is digested in the body, they are broken down into polypeptides that are beneficial for our bodies.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/con...factor-seven.html?icid=hpHeroOctoberNeuroSilk

I wonder if taking a combination of glycine and alanine in certain proportion can replicate this study result.

ps: I am not affiliated with Swanson or the product being sold.

ahmo likes this.
  2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @Changexpert The concept of this Brain Factor putting scaffolding in place is fabulous. Something that seemingly crosses BBB!:woot:
    I used serrapeptase as a protyolytic enzyme, as did my husband. I think it had quite a real beneficial effect.
    Swanson's makes the perfect B Complex for me. I'll be sending for some of this very soon. Thanks so much for the shout-out.:hug:

merylg likes this.
  3. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @Changexpert - It looks a little intriguing. What I found interesting is the reference to glycine and alanine. I started taking glycine maybe a year ago or so, because it helps with sleep. Initially it caused a very strong detox reaction for me (it's used in Phase II liver detoxification) but eventually I came to tolerate it and now take 2 grams every night for sleep.

Beta alanine is one of the supplements which is supposed to help reduce PEM. There were some posts awhile ago which mention this but I can't find them now. I believe beta alanine is structurally different than regular alanine but I can't tell you any more than that. A lot of athletes use beta alanine to help with performance and reduce fatigue. I tried it - it seemed to rev me up, but then let me down - I'm not sure what happened with it.

See more popular forum discussions.