1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sign up (provisionally) to show Ryan Prior's ME/CFS documentary - non-PWME are the target audience!

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects' started by Sasha, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Ryan Prior is looking to get lots of us to agree (no commitment) to arrange screenings of his documentary. He says:

Patients are not the audience of our film. The world is.

Instead, patients, are the evangelists of this film. We hope the film can be a tool to explain this disease to your family, friends, and community.

And we'll promise to make the screening process as easy as possible. If you sign up to stage a screening, it can be as simple as 10 people at your house or as grandiose as 300 at a local medical school.

We jumped from 79 sign-ups to 99 sign-ups in a single day. Can we get to 120 sign-ups for worldwide screenings by tomorrow?

http://mecfsdocumentary.com/stage-a-screening/

and earlier:

Want to join our budding international platform and be on the list to organize a screening in your hometown? You'll likely be able to show Forgotten Plague at a theater, a school, community center, or even your home!

When the time comes, we'll provide you all the information you need to make your event a success.

Click below to sign up!
    http://mecfsdocumentary.com/stage-a-screening/
    The link takes you to this message:

Stage A Screening!

Commit for Change in Your Community.

This film is a community project. It thrives not only on funding from individuals and organizations but also from an army of people across the world who are on fire about this film and its message, who want to tell anyone and everyone about it.

Below, you can express interest in showing the film at your home, school, community organization, or theater. This is not an ironclad agreement, just an informal process to gauge interest, so we can tell the news media and distributors how important people feel this message is.

When the film is released, we’ll give you a Event Planning Guide and a Media Kit to show you how to plan your event. The more people to sign up, the more impact we can promise.
    Soporificat, catly, DanielBR and 2 others like this.
  2. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Thanks Sasha for posting this. I have often thought it would be a great idea to screen a film about M.E/CFS in communities around the world to raise awareness, and perhaps raise money as well.

I have signed up! last year a friend of my husbands staged a small rural film festival in a local village hall and had entrants from all over the world - it was quite a big event. I am hoping I can get him involved and see if we can do a screening of this.
    catly, DanielBR and Sasha like this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Fantastic! He sounds ideal. Maybe he might have some ideas about how to spread it further in the UK.
    justy likes this.
  4. catly

catly Senior Member

outside of NYC
    Thanks @Sasha, I tried to sign up, but I'm not sure if it worked so I sent them an email.

I'm think I could get a least 10 friends to come to my house and watch the film. I might even be able to get a showing through my employer, a major healthcare institution in NY (yes, I'm still working). I think I could get support through my boss and colleagues several of whom have family members who have ME.

I really like this idea @RyanPrior if you're still around this forum. Could be the "viral" (internet/media, not bugs) idea that we need!
    Sasha and justy like this.

See more popular forum discussions.