1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sign petition re. Today show attack on invisible diseases

Discussion in 'Petitions' started by Nielk, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    snowathlete and Valentijn like this.
  2. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I am one of those people who use wheelchairs at the airport, yet I am able to walk a very short distance. The statement by Hoda was so insensitive. Yes, I chose to be embarrassed and have others stare at me by using a wheelchair only
    because I want to board the plane first! I have dreamed about this since a child...if only I can board a plane before most others! Now, God answered my dreams and i am able to do this with the help of the freely available wheelchairs at the airports!

I just sent in a comment to the Today Show directly at: comments:http://www.today.com/id/29041920/ns/today/t/email-today/#.UcDAv_lOP0c
    Tally, john66, Valentijn and 3 others like this.
  3. Ruthann

Ruthann

Let's turn this unfortunate incident into something positive! Sign the petition, send an e-mail, try and think of other things to advocate for awareness about invisible illnesses.
    SpecialK82, Sasha and Nielk like this.
  4. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Someone on Facebook actually posted about the idea of somehow getting the Ryan prior with the Blue Ribbon documentary project to come on the Today Show to "educate" them about invisible illness and to give a plug for the documentary.
    SpecialK82, SOC and Valentijn like this.
  5. Hugocfs

Hugocfs Senior Member

U.S.A.
    Who watches this crap anyway?
    SpecialK82, Valentijn and ggingues like this.
  6. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    You would be surprised. They are actually pretty successful.
    Their Facebook page has 552,000 likes.
    vli likes this.
  7. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
  8. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    vli, WillowJ and alex3619 like this.
  9. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Sometimes I just really want to eat all of the foods I'm not "allergic" to, and go swell at these people.

Yes, my intolerances make my entire frigging body swell up. It's painful and the swelling is easy to see.

An IgE allergy isn't the only immune reaction in existence!
    Tally likes this.
  10. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I think the allergy docs defined "immune reaction" as "stuff we can treat with allergy shots" :confused:
    Valentijn likes this.
  11. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA

:rofl: :rofl: I can't even remember how many times I've thought something similar!

See more popular forum discussions.