• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sign IiME's group card to the EMERG researchers at their first meeting this week

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Long story short, here's a groupcard to sign to encourage the first meeting this week of a new European group of biomedical ME researchers.

Well worth thanking and encouraging. Pile in!

IiME on LDIFME FB said:
EMERG – NEW ERA IN ME RESEARCH

October 2015 is an exciting landmark for biomedical research into the neurological disease myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME).

Invest in ME (IIME) announced in July that a new European ME Researchers Group (EMERG) has been formed. The enthusiasm of the researchers is inspiring!

EMERG meets for the first time as a group this week. If you would like to join us in wishing them well in this exciting new venture, you are welcome to sign this online group card or leave your message in a comment below.

From the outset of forming as a UK charity, IIME (now also known as Invest in ME Research) forged a path for the future of biomedical research into this disease by bringing together patients/carers, doctors, scientists, and interested political and media representatives, with their first Invest in ME Conference (IIMEC) in 2006.

In 2011, IIME organised its first international Biomedical Researchers in ME Colloquium (BRMEC). This is a workshop where invited biomedical researchers may discuss their work, share ideas, plan and form collaborations to establish diagnostic tests and treatments for this complex multi-systemic disease.

IIME is a founding member and Chair of the European ME Alliance (EMEA) of like-minded patient organisations. Earlier this year, EMEA joined the European Federation of Neurological Associations (EFNA).

So we can see how the formation of EMERG is the latest milestone in the right direction thanks to IIME and fellow members of EMEA , IIME Research Advisory Board and all the researchers involved in the genesis of EMERG.

Forming a group or consortium of European researchers represents a very progressive step in not only helping to establish new collaborations and cement on-going ones but also in developing new research ideas and priorities and bidding for funds that would allow us to work together on joint projects.

This is the genesis of EMERG! The European ME Research Group

Thanks also to the supportive MPs helping to convene the inaugural meeting of EMERG in the hope that rapid and lasting progress can be made in the research, treatment and cure for myalgic encephalomyelitis.

A competition is planned to design a logo for EMERG so watch this space!

Please click here to sign the card or leave your message on the blog.

cover4QezOjepVHe.jpg

Go EMERG!