1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sight Test - Visual Field Anyone Find This Hard?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Machair, Apr 12, 2014.

?

Sight Test - Visual Field Anyone Find This Hard?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Machair

Machair

Chelmsford, England
    I wear lenses and glasses so every year I have to attend sight tests and lens after care appointments. Part of the pre-screening includes a visual field test now that until this time was unknown to me. In case you haven't had it it involves looking into a screen concentrating on a red dot and then being asked how many green dots you can see as they are generated across the screen in succession. It is like a computer game really but you need intense concentration. I missed one dot in my left eye test and it had to be repeated and all was ok the second time. However it made me wonder if my ME was to blame as the concentration needed is immense and I found it all very exhausting. Anyone else find eye tests tiring and in particular this visual field test?
  2. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    It's really difficult for me to do those tests, but I also get migraines, and flashing lights are a trigger for those.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Me too - I put off going for sight tests until I just have to go, I hate them so much, I always feel ill afterwards, its the concentration and energy it takes. I struggle to read things such a newspapers, magazines and long text on the computer, I begin to feel ill very quickly. Eye tests are exhausting and unpleasant.

Try explaining that to a healthy person!!!
  4. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior Member

USA
    Yes, very very hard. I had to go to 3 different vision doctors and try numerous *machines* for the Vision Field
    because I couldn't even BEGIN to do it. The screens are all too bright!!! (the white glary background)
    It was hell. Finally found one test I could tolerate. It was the GLARE of the white box that killed me more
    than the concentration, but that was also VERY hard and I had to keep asking "how much more"? You can
    ask them to give you a break or two during the process. This helped me a lot and may help you too!
    I DO so understand!!!

See more popular forum discussions.