1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Shouldn't the answer to our illness be easy to find?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by knackers323, Aug 21, 2013.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    There are tests many of us have had that show abnormalities but its a case of those abnormalites are commonly found in other disorders as well. The tests that i have found abnormalities in are the lymphocyte T cells, neutrophils, immuno globulin sub classes, dhea, total and free testosterone, vit D, nk function(research test only).

I know initially when i had cfs and i was sent for a full blood count, i thought this meant it checked for everything but its far from it. The doctors need to order specific tests to go along with the symptoms and suspected conditions one might have but then there is restraints put on them by health care system as they try to save money.

I think abnormalities in immune testing and infections etc is good evidence to back up a cfs/me diagnosis.
    merylg, SOC and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.