International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12: The World Will Know
Did you know that May 12 belongs to us? Lots of us are aware of this. We share the buzz on it amongst ourselves. We add blue ribbons to profile pictures. We raise our voices, join our hands, mount the few podiums available to us and tug at the sleeve of the rest of the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Should I postpone Dr. Rey visit?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by LJBluesky, Apr 2, 2013.

  1. LJBluesky

    LJBluesky

    Messages:
    31
    Likes:
    8
    Orlando
    I have my daughter booked to see Dr. Rey at the Klimas Miami Clinic May 1, 2013 for CFS. She also has candida for the past year and we have not been successful getting rid of it despite being on the anti-yeast diet, ect. We are getting ready to do a candida treatment which would probably take three months.
    So should I postpone the Dr. Rey visit until we get through the candida treatment? I don't know if it would be a good idea for her to try LDN or equilibrant right now. On the other hand, I heard it may be hard to get in to see Dr. Rey if I cancel. Thanks!
     
  2. Sushi

    Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

    Messages:
    8,542
    Likes:
    9,162
    Albuquerque
    Just my two cents but I'd say keep the appointment. They are very hard to get now from what people are posting. Dr. Rey will be very familiar with candida and would surely take that into consideration in whatever treatment she recommends.

    Also, treatment won't be immediate I'd guess, but will probably begin after labs come back

    Best wishes,
    Sushi
     
    SOC and justy like this.
  3. LJBluesky

    LJBluesky

    Messages:
    31
    Likes:
    8
    Orlando
    Thanks Sushi. I called and they are not taking any new patients right now. They said I could either keep the May appt or move it to September (that was the only slot open for existing patients). I guess we'll keep the appointment.
     
  4. Hugocfs

    Hugocfs Senior Member

    Messages:
    112
    Likes:
    76
    U.S.A.
    You might want to email her your question. She should be able to tell you if it is better to take care of the Candida problem first or if it doesn't matter to her. Details on the nature of the treatment would probably help her decision.
     
    Little Bluestem likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.

Share This Page