• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Should I get Ivig despite hypersensitivity to all meds?

I get neurological symptoms right away from all medical substances (even vitamins).Often the symptoms even stay after stopping the medicine. Possibly my inflamed gut is causing this reaction.

My doc offered me to get Ivig. My Igg is low, but almost in the normal range. Should I try it? Im scared but cant stand not functioning anymore. Did anyone with similar hypersensitivity try Ivig?

ukxmrv

I'm also sensitive to a lot of meds, supplements, vitamins etc but I was fine with IVIG. My doctor did suggest that if tolerated, patients take Benedryl just before the IVIG. If intolerant to Bendryl he had some other suggestions but I don't know what there were sorry.

I had IVIG at home with a private nurse and in a clinic setting. Other patients seemed fine and we kept in touch after the IVIG's. One thing that people did mention on another forum is how important it was to have the infusion slowly as people who did have problems mentioned this.

Maybe some other people will be able to post their experiences here of problems and maybe ways to avoid them?