• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Should Chronic Fatigue Syndrome be expanded to include other fatigue related..?

Ember

One of the things I do agree with Greg is that we want to get as many websites to stop using CFS and ME/CFS as possible in their description, and start using ME or Neuro-Immune Disease or something, just not CF in any of its forms. This does not have to start with PR, it can start with any site at all. However for the forseeable future I think sites like this will have to use CFS as a searchable term, so that people can find this site.

I agree, Alex. But an interim step here might be to affirm the changes that have already been made elsewhere. The descriptors on PR, ME/CFS (Chronic fatigue syndrome) and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) are incomplete. Why not include myalgic encephalomyelitis? It too should be a searchable term, so that people can find this site.