1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

short term memory and learning problems

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by physicsstudent13, Sep 7, 2013.

1. physicsstudent13

physicsstudent13 Senior Member

I have had heavy severe brain fog for about 5 years from I think sleep apnea. I suddenly improved after taking NAC, phosphitadyl choline with amino acids. but my short term memory and learning still seem disabled, struggling math but still 4.0. I've had a lot of improvement since getting a new ventilator for sleep. I've been trying sam-E, acetyl carnitine, alpha gpc, methyl folate.
    is there anything I can take to improve learning like magnesium citicoline?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citicoline#Memory_disorders
    http://www.magneceutical.com/
    thanks very much!
  2. physicsstudent13

the site is www.magceutics.com actually
    I'm curious how magnesium affects the brain, I'm thinking of trying this along with sam-E. I'm not sure the alpha GPC does anything for me. I need good sleep on the asv machine to have better cognition and energy

I take phosphitadyl choline, alpha GPC, so will citicoline help me beyond these? there is also focus factor with magnesium and different types of vitamin c
  3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    I have read that the brain absorbs Magnesium L-Threonate best.
  4. physicsstudent13

do you really have better memory, speed, attention on magnesium? it seems magnesium causes sleepiness at least in oxide form at 250-500mg
  5. RedLineBoy

RedLineBoy

Dude, I'm very caution about all these drugs. They do nothing but hurt your pockets. I've tried everything, nothing really works. And if it does work then it's very temp. Have you consider taking Nuvigil ?
  6. physicsstudent13

I can't figure out how to treat my central sleep apnea, klonopin seems to work and ambien but not anything else

See more popular forum discussions.