A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Short of breath with slower than usual pulse rate.

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by RoyJones, Jan 3, 2017.

1. RoyJones

RoyJones

Hi. I'm in a big crash currently and I'm starting to experience alot of shortness of breath but my pulse is a good ten beats slower than usual and with air hunger I've experienced in the past I've had a faster pulse. It is also a different kind of air hunger to anything else I've known. Just wondering if this is normal as I'm worrying about my heart as the crash I'm in started after a bad reaction to amitryptyline. Spoke to my gp and just get fobbed off with the usual crap. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. xrayspex

xrayspex Senior Member

u.s.a.
    I think the tricyclics are known for the heart thing--i tried them all and even doxepin made mine race, when I was in my early 30s with no history of diagnosed heart probs at time
    mine went away when I went off of them
    altho I suspected mitral valve prolapse --not sure if spelled that right

if you are worried you are having a dangerous heart situation tho I would call nurse on call or go to er

MastBCrazy likes this.
  3. RoyJones

RoyJones

Thanks for your reply. My heartbeat seems nice and regular but I'm just curious as I'm in the worst crash ever and would normally expect a faster heart rate and it seems to be gradually getting slower.

See more popular forum discussions.