• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Short acting sleep meds?

alice111

My insomnia has gotten pretty bad, now needing to take a a very strong sleep med every night, or I just simply don't sleep. My body seems to have forgotten how...

Anyway, the ones that work right now seem to say in my system very long so while I do finally get a decent sleep I spend the whole of the next day groggy trying to wake up.. By the time I do, it's time to go to sleep again :(

Anyone have any sleep meds they can recommend that are shorter acting, and cause so much next day sedation?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 15

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Tizanadine is a non benzo related muscle relaxer that can help initiate sleep. Also good if u wake in middle of the night. It doesn't last long in your system so minimal hangover. May work well with another short acting med like zolpidem.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Tizanadine works well, but go slow with dosage and find just enough to work. I went up a little to quick and it gave me terrible nightmares!

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Intermezzo (sublingual zolpidem) is marketed as a sleep med that is used for people that wake up and can't go back to sleep. Regular zolpidem only has half-life of about 4 hours, so I would think a sublingual version may be a little less, but have a much quicker onset.

Mij

@alice111 my M.E doctor wrote me a prescription for Imovane a few years ago, he said you take it and the next day you can drive. I didn't take it because my sleep eventually came back. They use Imovane for pilots, flight attendants etc. one of my sisters works for an airline likes this one.

I hope you find a solution.