1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Standing Up for Patients: An Interview with Dr. Derek Enlander
Gabby Klein considers the efforts Dr. Enlander has gone to to ensure that the reality of ME/CFS is presented to the world at large, and gives us an insight into his opinions on some current issues, including an update on the formation of an academy for ME and CFS physicians,...
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. Christopher

Christopher Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    Anyone used or is using his protocol or would like to discuss it?

I have not seen him (yet) but my GP was willing to prescribe Questran for me, and I am currently in my 3rd week. Initially (for the first few days) I felt much calmer on it. I now don't really feel a difference between pre-Questran and now.
  2. lostinthedesert

lostinthedesert Killer, Clown, Priestess

I have seen him, read his books repeatedly and discussed with him a bit. My detox on csm was fierce but eased up after a month. I had very nasty Mrcons. The culture technique shoemaker specs is essential. Other cultures had failed to find them. Treating them helped my energy a lot and got me well enough to do basic self care. He cant cure folks who have been sick for a long time but he can help. Epo can help too but is expensive. More later, S
  3. InvertedTree

InvertedTree Senior Member

I tried Shoemaker's protocol including Questran, VIP, etc....

The Questran did help while I was living in a moldy environment. I tried it again about a year after being out of the moldy environment but it didn't help this time. The VIP turned out to have little effect on myself and others I was in contact with. He's kind of fallen out of favor with other ME docs for some reason.

There are a couple blogs out there that talk about his protocol, or were for awhile. My brain won't cooperate with remembering the blog names though.

See more popular forum discussions.