When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

'SHE WAS MY ROCK' Bed-bound former singer living in silence opens up about how ME stripped her of he

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Ysabelle-S, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Ysabelle-S

Ysabelle-S Highly Vexatious

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1445538/singer-amanda-hendrie-me-battle/

This article, which I can't see here on the site, shows the severe and even life threatening nature of the condition. Apologies if the article is already posted - I couldn't see it.

The woman featured in the article has been ill with ME for years, but the death of her mother has made her even worse and she can no longer speak or sing. She is in the 25% group severity-wise.

From the article:

The article is by Mary McCool, and it's definitely one of the better ones.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. Francis Hale

Francis Hale

Thank you for the article. A very sad story.

Ysabelle-S likes this.
  3. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member

It's a very good article in a significant uk newspaper, astonishing feat, considering Amandas comminucation issues. The emotion/grief headline angle probably helped increase its appeal to wider Audience
    I tried to get MEA to PoST on their wall but they haven't, I dont know if because it was fundraising for 25% group or as it's a severe story.

Ysabelle-S and trishrhymes like this.

See more popular forum discussions.