1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    It's good you figured it out, but I hope it don't happen to me. If it does, I'll be growing a beard! I can't shave without some kind of cream/lotion. Whew!!

2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    :Retro wink:
    That's what I do, I grow a beard in the winter and just trim it down to stubble otherwise! Energy/time management.:Retro wink:

3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I shave rarely now, I am trying to keep it to a short beard though. With my hair being grey, I don't want to look like Santa Claus. It doesn't help that I wear red a lot too. Bye, Alex

4. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    alright im going to sleep too. good night guys

5. Jeffy14

Jeffy14

Hello,

I found out what the problem was.
    It's Aloe Vera that I was intolerant to when shaving!
    It's hell because it's everywhere in shaving products. From the little blue/white strip on the razor to the foam.
    It's tough to find a razor without aloe vera on it nowadays! Either they are bad quality disposable or you must order double edge razor (what I did).
    Now my problems are gone!
    It's crazy that this intolerance started with CFS.
    Thanks all for your help.

6. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    oh wow

Thats nice to know Jeffy - This will help others, someone has got to have the same

We are getting so many intollerences and with our malfunctioning brains it is so hard to figure out. We sure need each other.

I was in Winners looking at shoes and had "this horrid feeling"that I recognized from having showers. It is from the plastic in the shower hose and have also got some shoes that I cannot wear because of it and now can smell it in the shoe area of winners.

We need each other so much for all of this.

glen

7. Jeffy14

Jeffy14

glenp, that's a crazy story that you had!
    I'll pay attention to those kinds of thing :)
    Thx!!

8. Crus

Crus

Madrid, Spain
    In my case i suffer after shaves cause the irritation of the skin, i must have the shave without typicals brands like Gillete/Nivea/Wilkinson/etc and use ONLY ecological soap.

What it help me after the shave, its to use moisturizer body lotion (typical Dove white cream that the women use after a bath).

2 weeks ago i shaved my armpits (its a hot summer here) and i was sick with fever for 2 days... even using ecological soap and body lotion after the shave.

I guess its all about skin irritation.

BTW, what do you recommend? shave with random Gillette Fusion or an eletric machine (Phillips-Braun) for irritation problems?

See more popular forum discussions.