• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Share your story! Dr. Oz seeking health stories of 25-35 y.o.'s

anncavan

I just saw this on Twitter today. He's asking for our stories! Let's flood him with ME/CFS, Lyme, Neuroimmune, XMRV stories. This is such a huge opportunity as he's actually seeking our information. Please take a minute to fill out the form found at the link provided: bit.ly/eMMcvb

Dr. Mehmet Oz (@DrOz)
3/23/11 12:11 PM
If you're between the ages of 25 and 35, what are your major health concerns? Get in touch and let us know. bit.ly/eMMcvb

Thanks!!!
Lannie

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
great info, Lannie, thanks!

I know Dr. Oz is interested in ME/CFS and believes it is real, but has some misperceptions (I think he advocates graded exercise, for instance)... but I love his statement that the name of CFS makes as much sense as if we were to call Parkinson's "chronic shaking disease" (or something to that effect).

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I organized a Dr Oz letter writing campaign in 2009, to get him to do an XMRV segment--which he did with Donnica Moore.

You might contact her, and see if she is up for that again. She has a kid sick with CFS.

I just saw this on Twitter today. He's asking for our stories! Let's flood him with ME/CFS, Lyme, Neuroimmune, XMRV stories. This is such a huge opportunity as he's actually seeking our information. Please take a minute to fill out the form found at the link provided: bit.ly/eMMcvb

Dr. Mehmet Oz (@DrOz)
3/23/11 12:11 PM
If you're between the ages of 25 and 35, what are your major health concerns? Get in touch and let us know. bit.ly/eMMcvb

Thanks!!!
Lannie

hi Lannie,
as a more senior- aged member of the forum, I'm curious as to why Dr.Oz wants only 25 - 35 year olds' info? I was about 34 when my nightmare began, and it has endured for 30 years. Each of those years has been a unique challenge during which another new symptom appeared and progressed to the life-threatening place of now. It is the long-term patients who are in most danger of not surviving unless cause(s) are confirmed and treatment brought to bear. We are generally the ones for whom cancers, heart disease, and digestive failure are things we already are now dealing with, and that patients who have suffered for less time are trying to avoid.

Given the unique additional problems that come with being a long-term patient, the type of symptoms are only adding to seeing the full range that this disease can go as it wreaks havoc in our lives. I would think the good Dr. Oz would want to know the full story, not get only a partial glimpse.

I encourage you "youngsters" to participate in this chance at exposure for the good of our cause. Thanks.