1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Shampoo Bar for chemically & environmentally sensitive people

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Koan, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Koan

Koan Be the change.

2. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Hi Koan,

I have actually made some of these before - they were fun, altho the recipe I used had a lot of ingredients.

:D

Maxine
  3. George

George Guest

Thanks Koan
    I really needed this link (grin) I'm thinking eggs and lemon for extra shiny coat. . .er hair.
  4. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Ya know, George, if ya eat the 'em, we'll know by the bubbles when you bark!

C'm'ere, George :hug:

Maxine,

Maybe we could start a business (deja vu :confused: ): make soap wherever we are and sell it from a website. We can call it "ME Soap". Naw. :tongue: We can call it "Soap ME" ;)

:hug:
  5. Tammie

Tammie Senior Member

Woodridge, IL
    Thanks for posting.....I am allergic to so many thigns and have MCS, so I am always looking for stuff that I can actually use.....some of these look very promising (& indulgent - can't really afford them with overseas shipping, but can suggest them as b-day, valentine's Day, or Christmas gift ideas maybe)
  6. Hysterical Woman

East Coast
    ;)
    Hi Koan,

I do sometimes sell the stuff I make to friends, knitting buddies, etc. I do soap "crafting" (not from scratch), but try to use items with fewest, non toxic ingredients. I make glycerin soap bars, shampoo bars and hand lotion bars. Sometimes I make the bath bombs too, but they can be tricky. It's fun and keeps me off the streets.;)

Love the name Soap ME!!! You are gooooooood!

Happy soaping,

Maxine
  7. Hysterical Woman

East Coast
    Koan/snowflake soap

snowflake soap.jpg

Hi Koan,

Latest soap - snowflake. White pearl mica, peppermint essential oil.

Maxine
  8. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Hi Tammie, I hope you know lots of people with credit cards who take hints readily ;)

Maxine, Did you make that soap?! That's beautiful! I'm very impressed!
  9. Hysterical Woman

East Coast
    Koan/soa;

Hi Koan,

Yes I did it by using a glycerin soap base. Don't want to be handling any lye these days.:(

Thanks,

Maxine

See more popular forum discussions.