1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Shampoo Bar for chemically & environmentally sensitive people

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Koan, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Koan

Koan Be the change.

2. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Hi Koan,

I have actually made some of these before - they were fun, altho the recipe I used had a lot of ingredients.

:D

Maxine
  3. George

George Guest

Thanks Koan
    I really needed this link (grin) I'm thinking eggs and lemon for extra shiny coat. . .er hair.
  4. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Ya know, George, if ya eat the 'em, we'll know by the bubbles when you bark!

C'm'ere, George :hug:

Maxine,

Maybe we could start a business (deja vu :confused: ): make soap wherever we are and sell it from a website. We can call it "ME Soap". Naw. :tongue: We can call it "Soap ME" ;)

:hug:
  5. Tammie

Tammie Senior Member

Woodridge, IL
    Thanks for posting.....I am allergic to so many thigns and have MCS, so I am always looking for stuff that I can actually use.....some of these look very promising (& indulgent - can't really afford them with overseas shipping, but can suggest them as b-day, valentine's Day, or Christmas gift ideas maybe)
  6. Hysterical Woman

East Coast
    ;)
    Hi Koan,

I do sometimes sell the stuff I make to friends, knitting buddies, etc. I do soap "crafting" (not from scratch), but try to use items with fewest, non toxic ingredients. I make glycerin soap bars, shampoo bars and hand lotion bars. Sometimes I make the bath bombs too, but they can be tricky. It's fun and keeps me off the streets.;)

Love the name Soap ME!!! You are gooooooood!

Happy soaping,

Maxine
  7. Hysterical Woman

East Coast
    Koan/snowflake soap

snowflake soap.jpg

Hi Koan,

Latest soap - snowflake. White pearl mica, peppermint essential oil.

Maxine
  8. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Hi Tammie, I hope you know lots of people with credit cards who take hints readily ;)

Maxine, Did you make that soap?! That's beautiful! I'm very impressed!
  9. Hysterical Woman

East Coast
    Koan/soa;

Hi Koan,

Yes I did it by using a glycerin soap base. Don't want to be handling any lye these days.:(

Thanks,

Maxine

See more popular forum discussions.