When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Shakiness versus nervous?

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by Stretched, Mar 9, 2018.

More than simple nervousness?

Poll closed Monday at 4:42 PM.
  1. Intermittently across the board?

1 vote(s)
  2. When stress is high pre PEM?

2 vote(s)
  3. During PEM?

1 vote(s)
  4. Does it pass with rest?

2 vote(s)
  5. Do you need a pill?

0 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Stretched

Stretched Senior Member

U.S., Southeast
    After all these years I’ve recently developed a disturbing new symptom, shakiness. It’s beyond
    nervousness. It seems to rise and fall with mental state - from calmness, light shakiness to
    agitation, noticeably shaky. It might be more pronounced when tired as in sleep deprived or after light stimulation, e.g. walking or reading.

We’re talking about visible sal shaker shaking, to the point of needing to use 2 hands to keep a glass of water still.

Is this kind of shakiness part of your CFS? If so, does it just come about periodically or seem to be a ‘stage’ pre- or post- PEM; or a state of mind??
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. Wishful

Wishful Senior Member

I did have shakiness (tremors) during the early stages of ME. I'm pretty sure that the severity more or less coincided with the severity of other symptoms. I can't answer regarding PEM, since the tremor period was before I knew I had ME and knew what PEM was. It eventually went away, mostly. I still very rarely get some tremors.

Your question of 'does it pass with rest' is ambiguous, since there isn't another question 'does it pass without rest', which is quite possible.

The tremors were definitely something other than nervousness.

I can't actually vote on any of those questions.

See more popular forum discussions.