Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sex offender treatment in prison led to more offending

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by John Mac, Jun 30, 2017.

1. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Liverpool UK
    When will they look at the evidence of psychological treatment not working for us?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40460637

ahmo, sarah darwins and Skippa like this.
  2. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

Yep, saw that story, psychological treatment really just isn't that good or powerful at all, at least not the mighty panacea that psycho types like to think it is.

They struggle to properly treat "real" mental conditions, and yet STILL try and poke their noses in to pshysical conditions too.

3. RogerBlack

RogerBlack Senior Member

To be 'fair' - this was an expanded over the original test intervention, using group sessions, not individuals, for cost reasons.

'Listen to all the terrible things I have done', to a group of individuals, where some may not have done as terrible things, seems to risk the same sort of effect as doing the same with a group of burglars describing how they committed their crimes would. They realise that burglary is normal, and pick up tips.

The moral of the story as always seems to be 'carefully roll out your interventions, making as few changes as possible to the protocol, and carefully measuring if it is having the expected effect'.
    All too often, it's a small pilot that sort-of-works, but 'seems logical' that is rolled out massively.

See more popular forum discussions.