1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sex Abuse and CFS Negative Correlation

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Andrew, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    According to a web page I read, a 2001 study found that although sex abuse has a positive correlation with idiopathic chronic fatigue, it has a negative correlation with CFS. The article cited Taylor RR, et al. Sexual abuse, physical abuse, chronic fatigue, and chronic fatigue syndrome: a community-based study. J Nerv Ment Dis. Oct 2001;189(10):709-15.

BTW, the reason I am posting this is in case people want to counter the CDC information about this.

2. Orla

Orla Senior Member

Thanks for that,
    Orla

3. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

reason for redefining CFS

And this is why Reeves et al needed to pollute and dilute the definition of CFS, so they could include those who really may be fatigued by depression, and avoid having to deal with all those other symptoms with organic causes. They want to include people who don't really have CFS in their definition so they can continue to muddy the water for those who do. :(

4. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    How could they know that?

5. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    I assume they asked them.

See more popular forum discussions.