Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Severe palpitations and tachycardia.

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by ivorin, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Awags1986

Awags1986

Ohio
    Whoops! Just realized this wasn't on one of my posts...my bad. Apparently the brain fog is strong in me today :/

2. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    My doctor in California got the kit, drew the blood, and sent it to Germany. I had to pay for postage and then €450 for the test, which explained my POTS:

http://www.celltrend.de/cfs-diagnostics.html

3. Kathevans

Kathevans Senior Member

Boston, Massachusetts
    In fact, I had a period with body jerks, or twitching all night (there were nights I could count a hundred of them, very disconcerting), and I later came to view them as a symptom of a severe B12 deficiency. I had all sorts of heart issues, as above--for the B1 deficiency, but prior to that, I had both a-fib and tachychardia relieved by the B-12 for a years or so. The whole thing has been a process of healing multiple deficiencies, new ones revealed after I'd quenched others.

Athene*, Learner1 and Awags1986 like this.
  4. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Silicon Valley, CA
    I take a B mix with benfotiamine and it's absolutely essential for me. :) @Kathevans what brand / dosage of B1 do you take?

5. Kathevans

Kathevans Senior Member

Boston, Massachusetts
    I ramped up Allithiamin for about 4 weeks to 200+mg/day before switching to the Benfotiamine by Doctor's Best at 150n mg/tablet. I played around with slightly higher doses of up to 275mg or so a day, then went back down to 200mg/day for a couple more weeks before lowering it to only about 50mg/day--actually 3x18mg which calls for a lot of splitting capsules!) So far this seems to be enough extra B1 for me to tolerate about 20mg/day of Folate and several sprays of the Adenosyl/MethylB12 Oils. However, I also get about 10 mg of Thiamine HCl in my daily 1/2 B-Complex, B-Minus by Seeking Health, which I take 1/2 of/day in two divided doses. So that's a total of a bit over 60mg/day of B1.

I'm still fiddling around, looking for the balance right now that relieves chills (possibly the Methyl B-12 Oil alone once a day?) amounts of pain (Folate) and my endless sleep issues and IBS. I've only just begun working with L-Carnitine Fumarate. Each thing I take seems to alter the dose of whatever I've already been taking. It's such an individual mystery. Though I do find that Fred's symptoms list helps.

I did have one episode of what I believe was a-fib from the feel of it and felt it was a folate deficiency symptom. This occurred about two weeks into experimentation on the LCarn when I'd been holding my folate to about 16mg/day. After raising my folate to about 18-20mg I haven't had a recurrence of any heart issues.

Believe me, I can see that this is a sort of merry-go-round. I'm getting a little dizzy from it, but I'm trying to be patient.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  6. Athene*

Athene* Senior Member

This happened to me for a couple of weeks just recently. I had a magnesium blood result returned on Friday and I'm not even in range. I know serum isn't fully accurate but to be completely out of the range must say something. I did notice that when I began transdermal magnesium a few weeks ago the twitches and full body jerks that I had begun having disappeared. I had begun supplementing vitamin D3 5K daily a few weeks previously so I ended up depleting my magnesium. My potassium need hugely increased too and we need magnesium to keep potassium in the cells. When the body twitches and jerks were happening I was also having (unusually for me) several phases of palpitations, especially at night. These have also disappeared since magnesium though I need more - still very edgy. Problem is my adrenals can't take too much magnesium...Ugh, I am so tired of all this.

Kathevans likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.