1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Severe fatigue in patients with adrenal insufficiency: physical, psychosocial and endocrine...

Discussion in 'Adrenal Dysfunction' started by Bob, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Netherlands

Severe fatigue in patients with adrenal insufficiency: physical, psychosocial and endocrine determinants.
    Giebels V, Repping-Wuts H, Bleijenberg G, Kroese JM, Stikkelbroeck N, Hermus A.
    Journal
    J Endocrinol Invest. 2014 Mar;37(3):293-301. doi: 10.1007/s40618-013-0042-9. Epub 2014 Jan 9.
    http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40618-013-0042-9

ahmo and xchocoholic like this.
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    I'm not sure I understand this.

It says salivary cortisol levels are NOT a significant predictor of momentary farigue in AI patients.

So what tests should be used?

I was dx with AI via salivary testing. I definitely have a tough time moving in the mornings. I was under the impression that my adrenal test explained this.

Tx ... x
  3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    I don’t know what they mean by “momentary fatigue”. I thought that adrenal insufficiency caused chronic low energy. Some of the patients had Cushing’s sydrome or AI secondary to another condition. These could have contributed to the momentary fatigue.

See more popular forum discussions.