• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Seriphos - not working every 2nd night?

Hi everyone :)

I really need some advice and hope some of you can help.

I recently took the ASI spit test and it turns out my cortisol is high at night (which I suspected as I get energy at night and really struggle to fall asleep). I was advised by some lovely people on a Facebook group I am part of to try Seriphos. I'm following the Mood Cure suggested dose of 1 before 6pm and 1 before 10pm. The first few nights it worked like a dream, however since then I've found that every 2nd night, I have a horrid night's sleep - very fitful, restless and a lot of clock watching. The nights inbetween, however, are fantastic, I wake up having had a full, restful night's sleep and feel great.

Am I doing something wrong re dosing for this to keep happening every 2nd night? can anyone give me any advice on what else to try? I take Melatonin (3mg time released) at night and I tried upping this along with the Seriphos to try and get rid of the bad night's sleep but it didn't help at all.

Thanks!
Lou

Mary

Moderator Resource
@ladybug_uk - what worked for me was to take it in the morning. When I took it at night, it caused horrible weird insomnia, sort of like you describe.

I worked up to 8 capsules a day, a very high dose, but I needed it, but I don't recommend this as a starting dose. Two sounds good to start though you may need more.

I read that because of our circadian rhythms, it's best to take Seriphos in the morning. It did not make me sleepy during the day though I felt calmer and better able to deal with stress.

So I took it in divided doses on an empty stomach in the morning and had no problems with it.

Thanks for ur reply Mary, I hve started taking it during the day as well and have slept soundly the past two nights. Long may it continue!

I suppose it's just a matter of trial and error. Thanks for your advice, has kept me on the right path! X