Get a Ringside Seat for Invest in ME’s 10th International Conference on 29 May
This Friday, 29 May sees the tenth International ME Conference put on by UK research charity Invest in ME (IiME) in London. The day-long conference will include 220 participants from 17 countries and will be attended by researchers, clinicians and patients.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

serious cold intolerance and cold extremities

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by Ambrosia_angel, May 5, 2014.

1. Helen

Helen Senior Member

[quote="Ambrosia_angel, post: 459744, member: 9370"...
    @Helen I have a few different tests but I'm pretty sure I don't have my thyroid tests :( even if I did I'm sure there's not much I could do. The gp probs wouldn't prescribe the meds if my levels weren't the best.
    I will check my morning levels starting tomorrow. Do you have any ideas on how i go about it? I have a basic home thermometer.[/quote]

You can find all information on the site www.stopthethyroidmadness.com . I´m sorry I don´t have the vocabulary to describe this easily, so I think you´d better check a correct instruction. To start with- put the thermometer beside your bed so that you can take the temperature before getting up.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    Ambrosia_angel likes this.
  2. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    Thanks I will look into that. If it makes my dumbness go away also, then that's an added bonus.:(;)

justy likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    @vamah. She said within days the numbness was gone. I tried it for my cold feet and it didn't work for that.

4. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    Did your friend use it for numbness caused by cold or by something else? I see that it is possibly helpful for diabetic neuropathy, which can cause numbness, but I wonder if that is a completely different process.

5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Not sure. If you order from www.pureformulas.com and it doesn't work or you don't like it you can return it for free.

6. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    Current offer on in B&Q - single electric blankets £13

Ambrosia_angel likes this.
  7. L'engle

L'engle moderate ME

Canada
    I can't tolerate heat or cold. Heat is probably worse.

I was getting so cold in the night that it was like a glacier sitting on the back of my neck. I just got a heat pack full of oats that heats in the microwave. It makes a huge difference on my neck and helps me get back to sleep. Also great for my cold, cold hands. :)

See more popular forum discussions.