• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sept 10: CDC 'conference call' including Unger and Lipkin

Andrew

They failed to put down a time zone. There is an email link there where you can contact them and ask. But otherwise, I would guess it's in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Eastern Daylight Time.

BTW, I won't be able to take part in this. Dentist appointment.

SOC

They failed to put down a time zone. There is an email link there where you can contact them and ask. But otherwise, I would guess it's in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Eastern Daylight Time.

BTW, I won't be able to take part in this. Dentist appointment.

I won't be able to take part, either. I hope someone will report on the call here at PR. :)

Edit: See Willow's post, here. It looks like they probably mean EDT, not EST.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST

I might have made a mistake here, so I'd appreciate it if someone could double-check it...

If they're using EST, then I've done some time conversions for 3pm EST...

UK 9pm (21:00)
Autralia Sydney 6am (06:00)
Belgium Brussels 10pm (22:00)
Canada Ottawa 4pm (16:00)
Netherlands Amserdam 10pm (22:00)
Norway Oslo 10pm (22:00)

(Apologies to anyone I've missed!)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...1=377&p2=136&p3=240&p4=48&p5=188&p6=16&p7=187

But if they mean EDT, then 3pm EDT is as follows:

UK 8pm (20:00)
Autralia Sydney 5am (05:00)
Belgium Brussels 9pm (21:00)
Canada Ottawa 3pm (15:00)
Netherlands Amserdam 9pm (21:00)
Norway Oslo 9pm (21:00)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...p1=25&p2=136&p3=240&p4=48&p5=188&p6=16&p7=187

Will this phone number work for those outside of the USA? I know I tried to call into another conference call some time ago and got a message that the number was not available for Canadian callers.

Simon

Will this phone number work for those outside of the USA? I know I tried to call into another conference call some time ago and got a message that the number was not available for Canadian callers.
I called it yesterday and got a message 'not currently in use', but nothing to say UK calls were not accepted. (I was using Skype, so maybe they couldn't tell). Probably worth a quick call now to see what happens from your phone.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I called it yesterday and got a message 'not currently in use', but nothing to say UK calls were not accepted. (I was using Skype, so maybe they couldn't tell). Probably worth a quick call now to see what happens from your phone.

I really do wish that they'd livestream these things on the net and then bung them up on YouTube as soon as they're finished. We always seem to have these tech problems and they're a pig if you're overseas.

Ember

The phone number worked in January from Canada.

Daffodil

i sent an email requesting i be added to the call list....does that mean i can call myself? can anyone call? what is the number?

thank you!
sue

Bob

Call in number: 888-946-3511
Passcode: 6029106

It seems that we probably don't have to register with this one.
The participant code, above, has been made generally available on the CDC's website.
So I think we just phone up, and enter the code.