Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Send my daughter home, mother begs social workers after she was wrongly accused of poisoning her Re

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Min, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Min

Min Guest

UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-workers-wrongly-accused-poisoning-her.html

Countrygirl, Valentijn and Wildcat like this.
  2. chipmunk1

chipmunk1 Senior Member

oh the irony. her child was taken away because she was accused of poisoning her child. Now the child might get poisoned with psychiatric medication.

the reason why the child had a breakdown might have been the separation of the mother and the child. The treatment seems to be to make sure that they see each other less.

????

natasa778, maryb, Min and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    leela and Valentijn like this.
  4. Min

Min Guest

UK
    The reason why a child with a neurological illness was sectioned under the mental health act is unclear.

Wildcat likes this.
  5. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    The details in the articles are sparse, but in this case there's no indication that it was related to CFS. The daughter was separated from the mother after a complaint was made about the mother, but it doesn't say that the daughter was immediately sectioned. It says that "her daughter suffered a breakdown after the pair had been separated and was detained in hospital under the Mental Health Act." The suggestion is that her CFS-related health had improved by the time of the separation.

Valentijn likes this.
  6. BASTARDS!!
    Sorry, but they need *destroyed*
    as usual, it's a case of "Privileged Britain":
    "we can abuse and kill you and get away with it, because we CAN, so there, neener neener!"

7. JoanDublin

JoanDublin Senior Member

Dublin, Ireland
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  8. JBB

JBB Senior Member

So latest update is...mother is still fighting to get daughter back. It is simply appalling and from what I gather from mother the restrictions placed on daughter are extreme - to the point I have difficulty understanding what on earth the point of them is. Very distressing indeed.

Anyway here is article / 5 min video explaining situation as it is currently:
    http://www.channel4.com/news/mother-teenager-daughter-hormones-alternative-treatment-nhs-mary-kidson

If you would like to help the petition to get the daughter back please see petition below:
    https://www.change.org/p/alistair-n...-mary-kidson-s-daughter-back-home-to-her-care

Please do sign if you agree. It is destroying this poor young girls life.

Best wishes,

JBB

natasa778 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.