1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Seizures Linked to Autoimmune Disease

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Apr 20, 2014.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=18860

… patients on select immunosuppressing medications had a lower risk of developing epilepsy.

"These findings suggest a new approach to treating seizures, one based on quieting the immune system," Mandl said.

2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    I know I have gained secondary traited siezures from bartonella infection, though temporal lobe kind not convulsive.. I never knew before having it that it can induce fits of extreme agitation, hallucinations, intense memories, arousal, and the most weird to desribe feelings in the world... Lol

I guess it puts the possibility of underlying infection triggers, as well as auto immune and the rest. I wonder how much of those auto immune cases could be underlying infection too??

merylg likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.