1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Time Change Equals Jet Lag, ME/CFS Style
Jody Smith marvels at how much difference one hour can make to those with ME/CFS, as much of the world has endured The Time Change in recent weeks ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

seeking update on WPI's search for medical director and conducting clinical trials

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by RivkaRivka, Nov 5, 2010.

1. RivkaRivka

RivkaRivka Senior Member

i'm seeking an update on WPI's search for a medical director and on their interest in conducting clinical trials.

does anyone have any new info on WPI's search for a medical director? i know that they can't really begin clinical trials until they have one.

any news about WPI at all?
  2. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    I've seen nothing on their web site or anywhere else.
  3. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

So what are they up to? I am very curious.
  4. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Apparently, they are still looking.
  5. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Yes worrisome; they had planned to start treatment for patients soon, but they still do not have a medical director.
  6. paddygirl

paddygirl Senior Member

Conundrum

I asked Dr M about this at the New Jersey meeting. She said its all about money. No grants forthcoming.

I was interested as many are in being a patient at WPI, as I'll be ninety before anything happens here.

I assumed that Dr M was talking about doctors for the WPI clinic, but maybe the funding is so strapped that its affecting the Medical Director position too.

Its very frustrating, I'd add a chunk to my mortgage to be treated there, I'm looking at giving up work if I carry on like this, work to bed, bed to work.:headache:

Paddy
  7. Roy S

Roy S former DC ME/CFS lobbyist

Illinois, USA

See more popular forum discussions.