1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Seeking opinion on results (BHMT)

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Jason, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Jason

Jason

Firstly I'd like to thank genetic genie for allowing me to produce this easy to read graph:

[​IMG]

I'm worried about all the BHMT issues I have, and I do have high homocysteine levels (~18).

Could anyone provide any opinion or ideas of what I should do with these results. Should I be taking B12 L-5-Methylfolate? Reducing protein?
  2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    For BHMT (and homocysteine), you will likely improve with TMG (250-1000mg). Low doses of MB12 and MTHF should also help. Perhaps something like 1mg MB12 and 200mcg MTHF. Your genes don't look all that bad, actually.
  3. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    What would 'bad' genes look like? I thought no matter what your SNPs that your health was dependent on how they are expressed. I have not seen that many results so are you just commenting on the number of polymorphisms compared to normal genes is his results?
  4. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Thanks for sharing your results, is high homocysteine your only issue or are there other symps your are dealing with?

Do you know why are there 'white'/empty/blank boxes for some of the SNPS?
  5. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    never mind, I just looked again and immediately realized these are ones 23andme do not test for I think.
  6. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    I mean, it doesn't look like Jason has all that many serious mutations.
    Anteah likes this.
  7. Jason

Jason

I have Raynaud's and also positive ANA (autoimmune). I'm sensitive to the sun and get muscle pain occasionally. Generally no other issues or symptoms.

See more popular forum discussions.