Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Seeking Facebook Activists

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Andrew, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    I'd like to start raising some issues with federal handling of CFS, and I'd like to do it on the relevant government pages. But I don't think it would do much if I did it alone. As far as I can see, a single post without responses won't do anything. Are any of you interested in joining me in working out how to do this, and then carrying it out.

2. Nielk

Nielk

I'm ready, willing to do whatever you think will get some results.:)

3. Nielk

Nielk

Am I the only one receptive to this?

4. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

i would also join any common effort.

5. *GG*

*GG* Moderator

Concord, NH
    I hope not, I cannot commit firmly, I work and come rather tired most days and often don't go on Facebook, but I do subscribe to the Forums and am pretty good at voting on something daily, when that occurs.

GG

6. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    I've been trying to find another thead here with no luck. Or maybe I saw this on a site. It is a list of facebook pages that are sponsored by DHHS. I'm trying to figure out which one would be best to post on regarding CFS and or CDC. Anyone know?

7. *GG*

*GG* Moderator

Concord, NH
  8. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    There are also the possibility of "Tweetstorms" http://globalfree.wordpress.com/2010/10/02/tweetstorms/

I have no idea how effective they are though, it is a good idea to wait until one has a good concise message before doing it. (oh and you don't all send the same message, but variations on the idea).

9. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    I found this. http://www.hhs.gov/facebook/

Even though I have a facebook account, I don't participate. I don't understand the culture. Can someone point me to a facebook page where a group of people are voicing complaints. The topic doesn't matter.

BTW, despite that fact that I started this thread, I am only able to get to this every few days. CFS is not the only illness I have.

10. Nielk

Nielk

See more popular forum discussions.