• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

See the Shocking Moment She Went From Crippled and Bed-Ridden to Dancing in Worship

Firestormm

For nine years, Amanda Varty was bed-ridden from the effects of myalgic encephalomyelitis.

Essentially, all strength and energy left her body, leaving her unable to even lift a fork to her mouth. She lost her job, and she and husband Steve were about to lose their house.

They went to church seeking a miracle. God delivered in the most beautiful way.

Visit article site: The Christian Post: http://www.christianpost.com/buzzvi...ed-ridden-to-dancing-in-worship-video-120362/

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Completely staged.......what more can you really say.....

Message to scientists - Please hurry up with finding some bio markers/definite diagnostic tests so we can all be diagnosed properly and get the correct treatment. If mine turns out to be Lyme then I will be gutted that so much of my life, time, effort, money has been spent on chasing the waste bucket diagnosis that is ME in the UK..

Ambrosia_angel

I don't think its fair to say its staged. These sorts of mental healing techniques have been used for thousands of years to successfully heal illnesses. There was an interesting show on channel 4 yesterday which featured a lady and man in two different parts of the world who had cured illnesses. The female had a clinic full of patients who visited her regularly and were so sure that they had been healed or improved by her.

Science doesn't have answers to the reasons why these treatments have been successfully used to cure terminal illnesses. They don't have the answer to ME either. I'm all for science but it isn't always the answer to everything. Non-scientific treatments are automatically called stupid by science even though people vouch that they have improved them. I do believe that the mind can control the body. I haven't mastered it yet but I definitely believe that these types of functional treatments do work. Like science I have no idea how. But they work for some people.

I wouldn't do one though.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Ambrosia_angel
No what I meant was she wasn't filmed dancing at the time of the church service, if you look behind her all the seats are empty, unless she was the only one in the congregation:) she is also wearing the same clothes in the part of the video where she's walking outside with her husband, it looks like all the video was made on the same day. Just saying......

If she got well that's good. - I'm not disputing that.

alex3619

There is a reason medical scientists want hard evidence and double blinded RCTs. We have no way of knowing what the truth is, or how applicable it is in general, just from anecdotal stories.

The only miracle treatment I ever investigated in depth was so-called vitamin B-17, or laetrile, a supposed cure for cancer. I recall reading a book on it circa 2001. A journalist from the UK went to a clinic in Israel. There were a whole lot of happy beaming patients all entranced with the cure. It was a miracle story. A year later he went back. Every single one had died - of cancer.

Ambrosia_angel

@Ambrosia_angel
No what I meant was she wasn't filmed dancing at the time of the church service, if you look behind her all the seats are empty, unless she was the only one in the congregation:) she is also wearing the same clothes in the part of the video where she's walking outside with her husband, it looks like all the video was made on the same day. Just saying......

If she got well that's good. - I'm not disputing that.
Sorry maryb. I didn't mean to jump to conclusion. I can see what you mean about the empty church though.

Undisclosed

Excuse my pessimism but!

And then, eventually, the miracle was complete; Amanda was prayed for and got out of her wheelchair. And that's when she did the one thing that she had dreamed of doing all those years; she danced again, before God. The 'Dance Again' album will be released through Integrity Music on 26th May

Funny how we only hear about this the day the album is released.

Countrygirl

While I take most claimed miracle healings with a pinch of salt, I have no doubt that some are genuine. I have friends who had severe ME, were bed bound and in one case had repeated bouts of life-threatening encephalitis who I know had a complete and amazingly instant recovery when they received Christian prayer. Most had to face a long, hard road before they reached that point though. They have remained ME-free over the years.

For those who might like a gentle afternoon's reading, you could read Catherine Ashenfelten's story as it is downloadable from The Grace Charity for ME. Catherine is a trustee of the charity and Bishop Cray, Ann WIddecombe MP and Jen Rees Larcombe (who also experienced a healing from severe ME in 1989) are patrons..

Here tis: http://www.thegracecharityforme.org/about.asp

C.G.

brenda

@maryb

There would be zero chance of her being filmed dancing during a service for all sorts of reasons.. Of course that had to be set up later.

There are cases of Christians being healed of ME. But of course it could be a natural phenomena. There are miraculous reversals in many conditions. I prefer to keep an open mind and do not agree with using these cases for evangelising purposes because of this possibility. Most Christians with ME are not healed.

As for alcoholics and drug addicts, that's old hat. Many are delivered from their addictions in an instant. AA was set up by Christians for the same purpose. Its not rocket science. If you believe that God can deliver you, it happens. It is not the same thing as healing from a physical illness.

peggy-sue

An alternative view of the same thing was proposed by Marx, several decades ago -
Religion is the opiate of the people.

The "moment of damascus" that is required for an addict to give up can be a religious one, or just a shifting from the belief that they need the drug and that going without it will do them harm, to one of they finally believe the drug is harmful and that to get better they need to stop it.

Addicts are deluded that the drug is beneficial, despite the evidence to the contrary. It has much in common with religion.
A belief, with no supporting evidence and much to the contrary.

Last edited:

Ambrosia_angel

While I take most claimed miracle healings with a pinch of salt, I have no doubt that some are genuine. I have friends who had severe ME, were bed bound and in one case had repeated bouts of life-threatening encephalitis who I know had a complete and amazingly instant recovery when they received Christian prayer. Most had to face a long, hard road before they reached that point though. They have remained ME-free over the years.

For those who might like a gentle afternoon's reading, you could read Catherine Ashenfelten's story as it is downloadable from The Grace Charity for ME. Catherine is a trustee of the charity and Bishop Cray, Ann WIddecombe MP and Jen Rees Larcombe (who also experienced a healing from severe ME in 1989) are patrons..

Here tis: http://www.thegracecharityforme.org/about.asp

C.G.
That's amazing. I'm not religious but I one hundred percent believe this. Whether its the amazing power of a placebo or some sort of unseen power, at the end of the day someone has recovered. Placebos can truely be amazing (if it is that).