1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Entrevista: la apelación del millón de dólares de Ian Lipkin para un estudio en el Microbioma
Simon McGrath se aseguró recientemente una entrevista con el mundialmente famoso doctor Ian Lipkin - un científico que sigue creyendo que EM / SFC tiene una causa física - para descubrir más sobre sus planes para un importante estudio del microbioma intestinal y para averiguar por...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Screening NK-, B- and T-cell phenotype and function in patients suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndr

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by lansbergen, Mar 23, 2013.

1. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

I concluded decades ago something was wrong with Tcell function.

Levamisole improves Tcell function.
    sianrecovery and heapsreal like this.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Very similar finding to bond uni/PHANU in australia
  3. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

Do you have a link?
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    http://www.translational-medicine.com/content/pdf/1479-5876-9-81.pdf

Abstract

Background:

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) is characterised by severe prolonged

fatigue, and decreases in cognition and other physiological functions, resulting in severe loss of quality of life,

difficult clinical management and high costs to the health care system. To date there is no proven

pathomechanism to satisfactorily explain this disorder. Studies have identified abnormalities in immune function

but these data are inconsistent. We investigated the profile of markers of immune function (including novel

markers) in CFS/ME patients.

Methods:
    We included 95 CFS/ME patients and 50 healthy controls. All participants were assessed on natural killer

(NK) and CD8
    +T cell cytotoxic activities, Th1 and Th2 cytokine profile of CD4+T cells, expression of vasoactive

intestinal peptide receptor 2 (VPACR2), levels of NK phenotypes (CD56
    bright and CD56dim) and regulatory T cells

expressing FoxP3 transcription factor.

Results:
    Compared to healthy individuals, CFS/ME patients displayed significant increases in IL-10, IFN-g, TNF-a,

CD4
    +CD25+ T cells, FoxP3 and VPACR2 expression. Cytotoxic activity of NK and CD8+T cells and NK phenotypes, in

particular the CD56
    bright NK cells were significantly decreased in CFS/ME patients. Additionally granzyme A and

granzyme K expression were reduced while expression levels of perforin were significantly increased in the CFS/ME

population relative to the control population. These data suggest significant dysregulation of the immune system

in CFS/ME patients.

Conclusions:
    Our study found immunological abnormalities which may serve as biomarkers in CFS/ME patients

with potential for an application as a diagnostic tool.
  5. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

I always said part of the immune system fails and another part goes in overdrive to try to compensate for that.
    SOC, sianrecovery and heapsreal like this.
  6. Hmm, makes me wonder that if the success of Rituximab is less attributable to the lack of B-cells post treatment but rather the way T-cells are forced to function in the absence of B-cells.

See more popular forum discussions.