1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Mighty Egg: New Life Springs Forth Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith finds that even with ME/CFS, new life as symbolized by the mighty egg, can still spring forth ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Scottish Express: State guardian stood by as police called to ME sufferer’s home

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    beaker, golden and Valentijn like this.
  2. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    As reported by The ME Association:

beaker, golden and snowathlete like this.
  3. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    This is a very dangerous change in my opinion. Not just for those with ME, but those with any under-recognized illness.
    George Orwell would have a fit.
    ggingues, beaker, Wildcat and 3 others like this.
  4. user9876

user9876 Senior Member

This can be a big issue already and can already lead to child protection action in the UK where a doctor decides a child needs some treatment or objects to them missing an appointment on a bad day.

As a principle people should be allowed to make up there own minds about treatment choices this should not be forced on them by the state. It should be no different for children, particularly teenagers who are capable of making rational decisions. It does mean that doctors need to be much better at discussing the potential benefits and risks associated with any treatment. This is also where allowing researchers to redefine the idea of recovery or the definition of serious adverse events (like with PACE) becomes such an issue because unless the patent, medical staff and the named person are very careful they are likely to be mislead about treatment options.
  5. Sean

Sean Senior Member

This is truly insane terrifying stuff.
    Little Bluestem and ggingues like this.
  6. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    The council spokesperson made a comment that the council takes a firm view on abuse or threats on social media. WE, the public, GLOBALLY, need to take a firm view on abuse from councils and state appointed guardians.
  7. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    A theocracy is government by religious professionals. What do you call government run by medical professionals? Assholeocracy would not be specific enough.
    alex3619 likes this.
  8. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    One minor quibble, how can we call them professionals given their conduct is unprofessional?
    Valentijn likes this.
  9. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Correction: medical practitioners.
    alex3619 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.