1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Scientists make immune cells in mice that fight off HIV

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Lesley, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Lesley

Lesley Senior Member

Southeastern US
    Really interesting study.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20100703/hl_hsn/scientistsmakeimmunecellsinmicethatfightoffhiv;_ylt=AstI7KVsxtz8vkI_AvNQ7f4PLBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTNsYTIxYnRzBGFzc2V0A2hzbi8yMDEwMDcwMy9zY2llbnRpc3RzbWFrZWltbXVuZWNlbGxzaW5taWNldGhhdGZpZ2h0b2ZmaGl2BHBvcwMxMQRzZWMDeW5fY

2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
  3. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

havent they tried this on 4 leukemia patients already? i read that they altered the stem cells in 2 other ways as well, because HIV would probably start using another receptor to get into the cells. they only transplanted a small amount of cells because of safety concerns, but the cells survived. i cannot find the article :-/

my understanding is that they had hoped the altered cells would be selected for and replace the other ones but they did not......but that was an older article i read.

wonder if they will be able to get this stupid XMRV out of my body in my lifetime!

maybe we should start saving our pennies now hehe

sue

See more popular forum discussions.