• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Scientists learn how to reset body clocks

taniaaust1

Many of us due to ME end up with a completely screwed up circardian rhythm.. maybe there will be a new treatment for this symptom soon.

Ive always suspected digestion is tied up in all that too.. I have to literally force myself to eat if I want to eat before 2pm as my body dont want to eat at standard times and long realised it had something to do with circardian rhythm.

The study found that when particular receptors in the liver were removed, the body clock does not function properly.

"Clearly these receptors are very important in setting the liver up in the right part of the clock cycle to accept and process nutrition and to regulate digestion," Prof Liddle said.

The full news article is at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8460993

alex3619

Shift work and metabolic disorrders like Syndrome X, a diabetes precursor, have long been associated with each other. This new research is not a surprise really - but welcome to see. Thanks Tania. Bye, Alex

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I have had a skewed circadian rhythm for several years. When I recently visited my physician, my ALT liver enzyme was elevated. I do not know when it was tested before that. I wonder if the two are related.