Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Scientist Tackles 'Last Major Disease We Don’t Know Anything About'

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Kyla, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    http://www.newser.com/story/214006/...ajor-disease-we-dont-know-anything-about.html

The comment section on this is horrendous so far, so if anyone feels up to commenting it would be helpful

Excerpt:

2. sillysocks84

sillysocks84 Senior Member

I can't find the comments..

3. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    Comment section is under the article.
    Click on "view all" under the heading comments

4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just had a quick look and it seems to be Trollsville so I'll repeat my usual advice on using the opportunity to comment on online articles to put across our own agenda and to not feed the trolls! Just ignore them and their comments will sink down the list where no-one will see them.

It would be a particularly good idea to give the donation link for the END ME/CFS project, if it wasn't given in the article.

http://phoenixrising.me/how-to-comment-on-online-news-stories

I'm off to bed now!

mango, Never Give Up, Sean and 3 others like this.
  5. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Toronto
    A very good point. If you link to the troll comment then it stays up in the queue. Best let it sink.

WillowJ, Sasha, alex3619 and 4 others like this.
  6. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

New replies to existing comments on Disqus doesn't raise them under any of the sorting options.

7. trails

trails Senior Member

New Hampshire
    Sasha likes this.
  8. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois Prairie ❀❤✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿❤❀

Midwest, USA
    I find it very arrogant that the medical profession thinks this is the last major disease they don't know anything about. Pity the poor patients that come along with the next unknown/misunderstood disease.

Woolie, WillowJ, paolo and 7 others like this.
  9. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I think they are simply drawing attention to the fact that there probably isn't another disease so debilitating and so prevalent that we know so little about. Other diseases that meet both these criteria have already been studied a fair bit - not enough in some cases, but significantly more than MECFS. It is uncharted territory, yet it is a massive piece of the globe that can be explored. If you are a young scientist who wants to research something new, large, serious, this is the last major disease.

He's generating interest and support and we sorely need that. If a new disease as serious and prevalent emerges I doubt it will find itself is as difficult a situation as we are in. If they do then they'll need to say something compelling like this.

10. paolo

paolo Senior Member

Italy
    I think that among diseases now classfied as psychiatric, there are many other totally new diseases we don't know anything about.

Little Bluestem, WillowJ and helen1 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.