• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'Science to patients' with pediatrician Dr. Nigel Speight

Spring

The series 'Science to patients' of the Dutch ME/cfs Association (ME/cvs Vereniging) continues in January with web seminars with dr. Nigel Speight.

The first episode will be an interview with doctor Speight about his involvement in child protection cases due to ME. He won 28 out of 30 cases in Great Brittain. Next he will give web seminars about ME in children, a subject that is underexposed.

Dr. Speight will be followed by dr. C. Shepherd in the end of February. In springtime the series will be continued with dr. Julia Newton and dr. Leonard Jason.

See the trailer here:

Spring

Broadcasting dr. Nigel Speight

Week 2:

January 7th , web seminar 28: Interview with Dr. Nigel Speight about his involvement in law suits regarding children with ME.

Week 3:
January 14th web seminar 29: What is ME and what is CFS
January 14th web seminar 30: Criteria for ME

Week 5:
January 28th web seminar 31: ME/cfs and the course of the disease
January 28th web seminar 32: ME & children, part 1

Week 7:
February 11th web seminar 33: ME & Children, part 2
February 11th web seminar 34: Future and hope

For the whole scedule look at:
http://www.me-cvsvereniging.nl/broadcasting-science-to-patients-2014

Spring

Here are the web seminars with dr, Speight about ME in children 29-32. The subtitles are Dutch but you can listen.