• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Science to Patients #61 to #64: Prof. Alan Light on fatigue, pain, immune system & more...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I don't believe that any of these have been posted. The info is from the latest ME Global Chronicle:

ME Global Chronicle said:
May 18, 2015: # 61. Fatigue & pain in ME/cfs

0.23 How do you define ‘fatigue’?
2.10 Why do ME/cfs patients suffer both pain and fatigue?
3.22 Why do pain and fatigue increase after exercise?
5.20 Is pain related to heaping up of lactic acid in muscles?
6.44 Why do pain and fatigue increase after stress?
7.55 Why don’t some patients suffer (much) pain?
9.09 Why is there a time-gap between activity and pain/fatigue?
11.57 Is an inflammatory factor involved in pain/fatigue?

May 30, 2015: # 62. ME/cfs and exclusive conditions

0:24 How do ME/cfs and fibromyalgia differ?
4.09 How do ME/cfs differ from fatigue in cancer and MS?

June 6, 2015: #63. Effects of ME/cfs on the brain

0.24 How does the brain’s fatigue detection system work?
1.55 Similarities in control bloodflow brain-other tissues
5.13 How does ME/cfs affect global and regional blood flow in the brain?

June 17, 2015: # 64: ME/cfs, the immune system and cell functioning

0.24 Which dysfunctions did you find in the immune system
1.23 What role do immune cells play in ME/cfs
2.53 Differences immune system between men and women
3.49 Which current research is most promising and why?

These four broadcasts constitute the last webinars of Prof. Light. On June 19, 2015 a last Q&A session with Prof. Light has been held. An extract will be published in the next issue of the ME Global Chronicle.

We owe our utter gratitude for his willingness and superb cooperation all through, in spite of his own extremely heavy time schedule. It has been a great pleasure and privilege working with him.

The team Science to Patients currently is working on the subtitles of three webinars from (Dutch) patients’ perspective, which will hopefully be broadcast next month.

After the summer seven webinars of Dr. Bateman will be broadcast. Four Q&A sessions will be held with her via chatwing.

All webinars together have been watched over 213.000 times by now. All webinars and transcripts can be seen and read here: http://www.me-cvsvereniging.nl/english-page

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
@Jonathan Edwards - in the fourth video, Prof Light talks about ME as an autoimmune condition and says he's working on some antibody studies. Were you aware of this work? It was news to me (or possibly it wasn't but with my memory, who knows).