1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Science Media Centre UK Spin

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Merry, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I read this yesterday after Tom's Co-Cure post. I will be mentioning it in a blog I hope to finish in a month or two. My current unfinished blog is on political issues, and the one after that addresses the SMC by developing the theme of my current blog.

Spin machines have no place in science or science reporting. However, to foreshadow what I will be saying later, its very hard to directly oppose them. There are better ways, and I will be discussing those.

3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I hope the PACE trial goes down in history as the worst done and reported trial ever.

Shell likes this.
  4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

A bit OT, but I thought I'd post this here from Fiona Fox:

http://www.cjr.org/the_observatory/science_media_centers_the_pres.php?page=all

I thought it was pretty funny, considering how poor the research behind these stories was, and that they were really just churnalism and spin.

alex3619, Valentijn and peggy-sue like this.

See more popular forum discussions.