1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

science media advisory panel Wessely on it

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by joyscobby, Feb 2, 2010.

1. joyscobby

joyscobby Senior Member

Do not know if this has been posted

science advisory panel
    Our science advisory panel is a prestigious group of scientists widely acknowledged as being at the top of their field, and who are committed to communicating science in the media. Their job is to advise the SMC when their area of science hits the headlines.

includes
    Professor Simon Wessely
    Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College, London

http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/sap.htm
  2. Kati

Kati Patient in training

What a disgrace.
  3. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    weasels get everywhere (especially the Guardian and Observer)
  4. joyscobby

joyscobby Senior Member

5. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    It really does look like the NHS is' going all in' on the psychiatric view of CFS (while at the same time Peter White tries to explain ME out of existence).

Our friends with CFS/ME in the UK really do need our support.

All the more reason for groups like the CAA to take a strong stand on issues such as replacing the outmoded and poorly conceived advice that doctors are given in their educational materials with the most to update, clearly conveyed, and research supported knowledge.

I know that Dr. Vernon appreciates and is working hard towards using clearly defined and consistent research methodology and cohort definitions. I would suggest that as we keep reminding advocacy groups like the CAA of the significant impact their every word can have upon our daily interactions with providers, we do so with a good measure of civility and appreciation for what they are trying to do today. The removal of Reeves (brought about by whatever forces) was a good start - one that will clear the way for change based upon even more irrefutable evidence, if we capitalize upon it.

Shane
  6. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    Wow, how insignifigant are we huh? Unreal.
  7. dipic

dipic Senior Member

Sure would be a shame if he had a major stroke or heart attack... not that it would be an easy natural solution to a major problem... or that I would ever even wish that on him or anything... nope... :innocent1:
  8. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    I'll take that thought and raise it, amplify it with the passion of ten thousand souls 'a suffering', and direct it with the power of 'zero point' and the accuracy of robin hood.

ahhhh that feels better.
  9. V99

V99 *****

UK
    If he is so sure about there being no XMRV in the UK, he wont mind a blood transfusion from one of those already diagnosed.

See more popular forum discussions.