1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Science asks authors to retract XMRV/CFS paper

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Nielk, May 30, 2011.

1. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

I can only echo Eric: I have seen several patients of KDM report on Dutch forums that they had stomach biopsies that were found positive for XMRV.

2. Bob

Bob

South of England
    OK, thanks eric and Jemal.

That sounds very interesting.

Do you know if there any preliminary results at all?

3. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

Not published, that I know of.

4. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

i couldnt read all the above posts..but since more than 1 lab has now found MLV-related viruses instead of XMRV in particular, doesn't it seem more likely that these are the cause of CFS?

KDM has found XMRV in tissue but does that mean anything? if he is using the materials or methods (or whatever) from VIP/Redlab, won't they make the same contamination arguments for his results too?

5. Bob

Bob

South of England
    Yes, that's how it seems to me Daffodil. The research should be investigating XMRV and PMRV, or as Judy calls them, HGRV's. Judy has now detected PMRVs in her patients.

If KDM has sent his samples to VipDX 'blinded', and has got back convincing results with a significant difference between patients and controls, then that does help move the research forwards, but it won't convince everyone.

6. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    I'd like to get saved from the ME plague whatever it is caused by. and it is a plague. saying 'plain old boring ME that's been around forever' is like saying we have 'plain old boring AIDS or Autism that's been around forever.'

7. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    I agree totally.

See more popular forum discussions.