• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sciatic pain for the first time 3 weeks into active protocol

Today I've woken up feeling some sciatic pain for the first time ever. Is this something that could have been triggered off by the active protocol? Is this likely to be healing? If that's the case I'm getting healing in areas I didn't even know that were damaged.....

Victronix

There's a flu going around here that's causing a lot of muscle pains and for me, caused a lot of sciatic pain, which went away as I got better.

If your muscles are getting tight, you want to make sure you are taking a B-multi, to balance out the stimulating effects of B-12, along with multi-minerals. I also take 5-HTP, which relaxes my muscles.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Or you might have strained your back. My back went out the other night after I bent over to plug something in. I ended up on the floor and was only able to get back up with great difficulty. Advil, ice and magnesium oil are putting things right. Epsom salts can help too.

Maybe try some ice and Advil, see if it improves, and that may give you a clue as to what is going on.

Tammy

Don't know what kind of protocol you're on.............but I had all sorts of aches and pains..new/old...including sciatica show up when I got on an anti-viral protocol. My aches and pains are mostly gone now ........unless I cheat and start eating crappy food which feeds the virus.

Today it's shifted to rather severe lower back pain instead of sciatic pain. This pain I'm familiar with though and is definitely hormonal as I get it fairly regularly every month or so. I'll have an anti-inflammatory and push on with my supplements. If I've learnt anything here it's that often things get worse before they get better. My brain fog is still gone so that's something at least! Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays if you celebrate. I'm not exactly in the mood but I make an effort for my little ones xxx