• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Schutzer, Natelson study of XMRV in CSF article

Sue C

Sue C
As a mod-severely limited medical professional w/this illness, I had severe incapacitating migraines in my initial group of symptoms later dx's @ Cheney clinic plus Qeeg brain mapping. By that time my cognitive deficits were there to live with now for years. Dr Natelson is a bright neuro doctor, who does not cringe at the dx as majority of drs do. He wrote book how our symptoms are real and has Gulf War studies and work w/veterans which go back years. He is no youngster, as many of us have seen ourselves and our critical dr/researchers aging. Think it is frustration on some part as Floydguy is right that we could show gratitude but some are more bitter than appreciative and can understand where it comes from. But, I do respect and know that Dr. Natelson is working w/younger researchers at top facilities in NYC. Just my two cents (rarely given) SueC

Daffodil

dr. natelson did take 43 samples of spinal fluid .....BUT COMBINED THEM INTO 2 TUBES! that's why dr. mikovits referred to "2 samples"...who in their right mind would COMBINE SAMPLES!?????

Jemal

dr. natelson did take 43 samples of spinal fluid .....BUT COMBINED THEM INTO 2 TUBES! that's why dr. mikovits referred to "2 samples"...who in their right mind would COMBINE SAMPLES!?????

LOL
I am not a scientist, but throwing 43 samples into 2 tubes doesn't sound like a great idea.