• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(SCD) Specific Carbohydrate Diet anyone?

searcher

I have had good luck with SCD/GAPS and highly recommend trying them (they are very similar.) Although it is restrictive, I found following the intro GAPS diet (http://gapsdiet.com/INTRODUCTION_DIET.html) for a week to be very helpful. I have added back in other foods, such as sweet potatoes and butter, but still try to eat a lot of soups using a base of homemade bone broth.

Wayne

Here's somewhat of an SCD testimonial (remarkable one at that) from 2008 on the ProHealth board:

Hello all!

I just finished reading Natasha Campbell-McBride's (a UK neurologist) book Gut and Psychology Syndrome where she argued that CFIDS, FMS and many disorders are caused by gut pathology. The book was extremely well researched and informative. The amazing thing was that the dietary and lifestyle recommendations she made are almost exactly what I followed to recover from CFIDS. I highly recommend reading this book and checking out the info on the MINDD site.

I am still feeling great over here and having no relapses. I highly recommend a combined program of stress reduction and the SCD diet for recovery. SCD starves intestinal pathogens of complex carbs and yet provides all the nutrition the body needs to heal. Lots of websites on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet on the web for those interested.

I am going to be frank here, I am fully convinced in my mind that FMS/CFS are caused by intestinal dysbiosis (with or without digestive symptoms). Stress also plays a role because it exasterbates dysbiosis and causes more physiological stress - a vicious cycle. The above book makes a scientific case for this.

I also had chronic active HHV-6 virus in my CFIDS days. This was a symptom of altered immunity that could not hold viruses in dormancy - not a cause.

I used to worry incessantly about having a CFIDS relapse, not I never worry anymore because I am convinced I know what causes this disorder and how to initiate recovery.

I often think of the many folks here and I pray that you will research these things and find freedom for yourselves as well.

Wayne

Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, Dyspraxia, A.D.D., Dyslexia, A.D.H.D., Depression, Schizophrenia [Paperback]

Here's a very interesting review/testimonial from a woman with CFS on the above book regarding addressing gut issues:

Most Helpful Customer Reviews
760 of 771 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Healing my CFS/adrenal fatigue January 27, 2012
By AndreaP.
Format:Paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase
WOW. This book is outstanding. Others have reviewed the book's content, and they do it far better than I could. So, instead, I'll attest to the healing power of this diet.

Over a year and a half ago, I became sick. Super sick. So sick I was unable to get out of bed. I eventually realized my adrenal glands were shot. So I quit my job and school and took time off, expecting to recuperate within a few months. Ha.

I researched and researched, pouring over everything I could read online. I had a Candida infection (resulting from allopathic drugs) that never went away. I'd literally feel poisoned, especially after eating. My immune system was a mess. I had zero energy. I suffered severe chemical and mold sensitivities and began to develop hives. I started developing arthritis in my knees and fingers. Some days it was so bad it prevented me from knitting/crocheting, two of my favorite pasttimes. I experienced constant congestion and back-to-back sinus infections. My body was in terrible shape. I'm not a dramatic person by nature, but I assure you, some days I wasn't sure how much sicker one could get before the body just gave up altogether. I kept getting weaker and more exhausted by the day. For months, I didn't leave the house. For the record, I'm 32 years old. (Mind-blowing, isn't it?) After several months of research and trial and error, I discovered the adrenal issues were a symptom of a much larger problem - severe leaky gut and gut dysbiosis.

If the preceding paragraph sounds like hyperbole to you, I can't say I blame you. Before my experience, I'd have been skeptical too. I had been preparing to study biochemistry in grad school. Before I became ill, I thought chronic illnesses and autoimmune diseases could merely be 'managed.' In blind faith, I had accepted what the medical establishment tells us. That was fine, until the medical establishment failed me...repeatedly. I gave up on allopathic medicine and knew it would be my responsibility to heal myself. As much as this illness has consumed me, it really was a true wake-up call. A blessing in disguise.

So I researched. Boy, did I research. I took vitamin/mineral supplements. I got my detox pathways up and running again, as per Dr. Myhill's methylation protocol. I followed her advice for supporting mitochondrial health. I started eating meat. I had been a vegetarian for 16 years, but I was so sick I had no difficulty adjusting to eating meat again. In fact, I craved it. Things improved slightly, but my quality of life was still abysmal.

Finally, a few months ago I happened upon some website extolling the GAPS diet. I looked into it but figured I was already eating a clean (mostly) paleo diet, so I didn't need to buy this book. I didn't think it was that different from what I was already doing. When I had to stay home on Christmas day because I felt so toxic and crummy, I decided to purchase the book.

So, sure I had already eliminated processed foods and gluten. But I still ate cheese everyday. I still ate sweet potatoes and oats. I still ate a lot of fiber. This book showed me the error of my ways. These things are fine for a healthy gut. But my gut was a complete wreck and needed special help. More importantly, this book showed me what I WASN'T eating that I needed to be eating: lots of bone broth and marrow, organ meats, and lots of ferments, amongst other things.

I started following the GAPS diet intro on January 1st of this year. The first two weeks were brutal. I had been toxic for so long that I was used to feeling lousy, but the die-off this diet produced was intense. In the book, she stresses the importance of managing die-off; but, because I was so toxic, there was really little I could do. The diet alone, even without the introduction of probiotics, sauerkraut, and kefir was enough to produce rapid die-off.

Then early last week, it was like the fog broke. Gradually, I started having more energy. I announced to my shocked boyfriend that I wanted to go for a walk in the park like we used to do. We did. I suffered no repercussions from it, whereas before GAPS it would have taken me days to recover. I now go for a 30-45 minute walk nearly every day. I can't stress how utterly amazing this is. I prayed that GAPS would help me. It was my last resort. However, I never expected it to work this quickly. Truth be told, I'm still stunned.

I'm nowhere near fully recovered. I've still got toxins circulating. I still feel die-off, but it is nowhere near what it once was. True, I take other supplements. However, since starting GAPS I have stopped taking the majority of my supplements, simply because I no longer need them. At long last, my diet is providing the nutrients my body has been needing all along for repair (particularly cholesterol and saturated fats, which are sadly demonized in our culture). I probably sound like a crazy person because I'm so, so excited about this book and this diet; but if you're sick like I was, you know all too well what it's like to live in a chronically ill body. I don't know what percentage of CFS is caused by gut dysbiosis, but I know that mine was. If yours is, this is, without a doubt, the diet to follow.

Because I'm having such rapid success on the intro phase, I intend to stick with it for a few months. Some people fly through it in a matter of days before starting full GAPS. That's the nice thing about this diet; you move at your own pace and let your body be the guide.

I'm also curious to see how this diet helps me with the mental health issues I've contended with since childhood (namely fits of debilitating anxiety, ocd, and depression that have become increasingly severe in the last few years). I had tried several SSRI's over the last ten years until a new doctor put me on Adderall (which is nothing more than a mixture of amphetamine salts and is very, very hard on the adrenals) after diagnosing me with ADHD. The SSRI's never worked. I'd be happy if GAPS prevents my anxiety from getting worse, but truly I'd love to see the anxiety eliminated permanently. At this point I have no expectations. After all, I've lived with the anxiety for 30 years. But if anything can help, I firmly believe it'll be this diet.

This book saved me. Reading success stories of people recovering from CFS is what got me through the worst moments. I hope my story does the same, and I will update again in a few months as I progress along my GAPS journey. I wish you all the best of health.

UPDATE 4/10/12: Spring has sprung here. I no longer seem to be affected by pollen, which in previous years gave me terrible allergies and sinus infections. In fact, I have not had a sinus infection in months. The arthritis symptoms are completely gone. I've lost 15 pounds and walk an hour or more just about daily in addition to my chores around the house. Also, for the last 3 months my monthly cycle has been just that (cyclical). In the 20 years I've been menstruating, I've NEVER once had a regular cycle. Now it's literally every 28-29 days. There has been no improvement on the mental stuff yet; in fact, the die-off seems to be temporarily making it much worse

UPDATE 3/1/13: I've been on GAPS for over a year now, with no deviation. No cheating whatsoever. I can honestly say I don't miss any of the "normal" food that I used to eat. This stuff is just so nutrient-dense that I don't ever think of eating anything else. And I used to literally be addicted to sugar. So, that's pretty cool. As to my progress - physically, I'm not much stronger than I was six months ago. But I'm still light-years ahead of where I was two years ago. Still taking walks, doing chores, knitting, able to function like a human being. I'm experiencing new die-off symptoms (caused by breaking up biofilm in my gut with probiotics and systemic enzymes, I believe) like visual disturbances, rosacea and other rashes, adrenaline rushes, numbness/tingling/burning in my extremities. Apparently, these things are all typical for Candida overgrowth.

I'm not surprised that I haven't experienced more physical improvement. My Candida infection was/is quite severe, and I've always anticipated that it would take several years to recover. Happily, though I am able to report a significant improvement in my mental well-being. My depressive episodes started to lift just a few months into GAPS, and now they are all but gone. My favorite improvement by far, however, has been with my anxiety and panic attacks. It took about a year, but they are about 85% gone, at this point. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to have some relief from this torment for the first time in over ten years (most of my adult life).

It should be obvious, but in case it's not, this protocol is not (nor does it claim to be) a quick-fix. I've had gut dysbiosis (and many, many rounds of antibiotics) since birth. It takes a long time to undo decades' worth of damage. The diet is only the base, although Dr. Natasha says that for many GAPS folks, the diet alone is enough. In my case, after the infection is gone, I will still need to detox, fix my adrenals completely, get my metabolic hormones back in order, and perhaps chelate. I have no delusions about how long this is going to take.

Thanks to all of you who have commented or contacted me over the past year; it's been wonderful swapping stories and information. I'm very grateful to you all. Here's to continued healing! :)

Elph68

A series of 16 YouTube videos Natasha Campbell-McBride

I've only watched one video so far, but I find her to be very credible and interesting.

Hi Wayne .... sugar eating bugs ..... this diet doesn't eradicate them .... but it lowers them to a point where your body can handle them much better .... to fix your world totally .... Doxycyclene + azithromycin for 3 to 6 months then FMT or if one has had a lot of antibiotics previously ... something like daptamycin + streptamycin then FMT .... CFS gone with no return ....... FMT on its own, probiotics on its own ... not work as the bugs are in the cells, not attached to the receptors ...

Interesting note on cheese .... uses enterococcus as the starter .... so cheese is loaded with enterococcus ..... makes condition worse ....

Cheers ....

tyson oberle

Hi Wayne .... sugar eating bugs ..... this diet doesn't eradicate them .... but it lowers them to a point where your body can handle them much better .... to fix your world totally .... Doxycyclene + azithromycin for 3 to 6 months then FMT or if one has had a lot of antibiotics previously ... something like daptamycin + streptamycin then FMT .... CFS gone with no return ....... FMT on its own, probiotics on its own ... not work as the bugs are in the cells, not attached to the receptors ...

Interesting note on cheese .... uses enterococcus as the starter .... so cheese is loaded with enterococcus ..... makes condition worse ....

Cheers ....
Hi Elph68
So we should do 3 to 6 months of these antibiotics; but how do we know whether to stop at 3, 4, 5, or 6 months? And when we are doing these antibiotics for 3-6 months should we do FMT at the same time or only after the 3-6 months of antibiotics? And for how long and how often per week should we be doing FMT?

Elph68

Hi Elph68
So we should do 3 to 6 months of these antibiotics; but how do we know whether to stop at 3, 4, 5, or 6 months? And when we are doing these antibiotics for 3-6 months should we do FMT at the same time or only after the 3-6 months of antibiotics? And for how long and how often per week should we be doing FMT?

Hi Wayne,

First do a full stool analysis to see what is causing the issues ... but for strep Doxy + zithromax for 8 to 12 weeks, maybe gentamycin as well if there are gram negative bugs out of control . there are some here in Aus who are doing 6 months of a macraloid on its own ..... The FMT is a probiotic .... so no good doing it until abx finished. Zithromax has a 36 hour half life .... so u need at least 5 days after last dose before FMT .... FMT only re-establishes a healthy flora .... the abx kills the bad bugs and good bugs.

The length of time depends on the strength and combination the doc gives ... it has got to be a full decolonization .... US patent US 2004/0127403 A1 is a good decolonization regime for strep/enterococcus .....

Wayne

Interesting Testimonial For The Following Book

Hello Andrea, I just wanted to give you a glimpse of hope. I am you - but healed (I am 31 yrs old)! In addition to your symptoms I had developed an "incurable" autoimmune disease...I could not have any human contact, touch water, dust or metal without being covered in oozing blisters. I looked like a leper. To detox I went through chelation, used a infrared sauna faithfully for 2 months, jumped on a trampoline for lymph drainage, changed my diet per the book, ONLY use 100% whole food supplements, take probiotics (Garden of Life is awesome) and started doing zumba.

Getting the heavy metal out of me and detoxing cured my autoimmune disease. I of course went "clean" everywhere with no chemicals in my house or personal products and educated myself how to avoid chemicals in my home (healthy cookware etc). My SEVERE anxiety and suicidal thoughts was cured through amino acid supplementation. I had a neurotransmitter urinalysis test (find a good naturopath), found out where I was deficient and now take 4 all natural amino acid supplements a day and am perfect...it took about two months, but it saved my life and marriage. I did all of this without the use of pharmaceutical drugs and will NEVER take them. I have 4 kids 7 yrs old and under and none have ever taken medicine. Good luck!!

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, Dyspraxia, A.D.D., Dyslexia, A.D.H.D., Depression, Schizophrenia [Paperback]

Here's a very interesting review/testimonial from a woman with CFS on the above book regarding addressing gut issues:

Most Helpful Customer Reviews
760 of 771 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Healing my CFS/adrenal fatigue January 27, 2012
By AndreaP.
Format:Paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase
WOW. This book is outstanding. Others have reviewed the book's content, and they do it far better than I could. So, instead, I'll attest to the healing power of this diet.

Over a year and a half ago, I became sick. Super sick. So sick I was unable to get out of bed. I eventually realized my adrenal glands were shot. So I quit my job and school and took time off, expecting to recuperate within a few months. Ha.

I researched and researched, pouring over everything I could read online. I had a Candida infection (resulting from allopathic drugs) that never went away. I'd literally feel poisoned, especially after eating. My immune system was a mess. I had zero energy. I suffered severe chemical and mold sensitivities and began to develop hives. I started developing arthritis in my knees and fingers. Some days it was so bad it prevented me from knitting/crocheting, two of my favorite pasttimes. I experienced constant congestion and back-to-back sinus infections. My body was in terrible shape. I'm not a dramatic person by nature, but I assure you, some days I wasn't sure how much sicker one could get before the body just gave up altogether. I kept getting weaker and more exhausted by the day. For months, I didn't leave the house. For the record, I'm 32 years old. (Mind-blowing, isn't it?) After several months of research and trial and error, I discovered the adrenal issues were a symptom of a much larger problem - severe leaky gut and gut dysbiosis.

If the preceding paragraph sounds like hyperbole to you, I can't say I blame you. Before my experience, I'd have been skeptical too. I had been preparing to study biochemistry in grad school. Before I became ill, I thought chronic illnesses and autoimmune diseases could merely be 'managed.' In blind faith, I had accepted what the medical establishment tells us. That was fine, until the medical establishment failed me...repeatedly. I gave up on allopathic medicine and knew it would be my responsibility to heal myself. As much as this illness has consumed me, it really was a true wake-up call. A blessing in disguise.

So I researched. Boy, did I research. I took vitamin/mineral supplements. I got my detox pathways up and running again, as per Dr. Myhill's methylation protocol. I followed her advice for supporting mitochondrial health. I started eating meat. I had been a vegetarian for 16 years, but I was so sick I had no difficulty adjusting to eating meat again. In fact, I craved it. Things improved slightly, but my quality of life was still abysmal.

Finally, a few months ago I happened upon some website extolling the GAPS diet. I looked into it but figured I was already eating a clean (mostly) paleo diet, so I didn't need to buy this book. I didn't think it was that different from what I was already doing. When I had to stay home on Christmas day because I felt so toxic and crummy, I decided to purchase the book.

So, sure I had already eliminated processed foods and gluten. But I still ate cheese everyday. I still ate sweet potatoes and oats. I still ate a lot of fiber. This book showed me the error of my ways. These things are fine for a healthy gut. But my gut was a complete wreck and needed special help. More importantly, this book showed me what I WASN'T eating that I needed to be eating: lots of bone broth and marrow, organ meats, and lots of ferments, amongst other things.

I started following the GAPS diet intro on January 1st of this year. The first two weeks were brutal. I had been toxic for so long that I was used to feeling lousy, but the die-off this diet produced was intense. In the book, she stresses the importance of managing die-off; but, because I was so toxic, there was really little I could do. The diet alone, even without the introduction of probiotics, sauerkraut, and kefir was enough to produce rapid die-off.

Then early last week, it was like the fog broke. Gradually, I started having more energy. I announced to my shocked boyfriend that I wanted to go for a walk in the park like we used to do. We did. I suffered no repercussions from it, whereas before GAPS it would have taken me days to recover. I now go for a 30-45 minute walk nearly every day. I can't stress how utterly amazing this is. I prayed that GAPS would help me. It was my last resort. However, I never expected it to work this quickly. Truth be told, I'm still stunned.

I'm nowhere near fully recovered. I've still got toxins circulating. I still feel die-off, but it is nowhere near what it once was. True, I take other supplements. However, since starting GAPS I have stopped taking the majority of my supplements, simply because I no longer need them. At long last, my diet is providing the nutrients my body has been needing all along for repair (particularly cholesterol and saturated fats, which are sadly demonized in our culture). I probably sound like a crazy person because I'm so, so excited about this book and this diet; but if you're sick like I was, you know all too well what it's like to live in a chronically ill body. I don't know what percentage of CFS is caused by gut dysbiosis, but I know that mine was. If yours is, this is, without a doubt, the diet to follow.

Because I'm having such rapid success on the intro phase, I intend to stick with it for a few months. Some people fly through it in a matter of days before starting full GAPS. That's the nice thing about this diet; you move at your own pace and let your body be the guide.

I'm also curious to see how this diet helps me with the mental health issues I've contended with since childhood (namely fits of debilitating anxiety, ocd, and depression that have become increasingly severe in the last few years). I had tried several SSRI's over the last ten years until a new doctor put me on Adderall (which is nothing more than a mixture of amphetamine salts and is very, very hard on the adrenals) after diagnosing me with ADHD. The SSRI's never worked. I'd be happy if GAPS prevents my anxiety from getting worse, but truly I'd love to see the anxiety eliminated permanently. At this point I have no expectations. After all, I've lived with the anxiety for 30 years. But if anything can help, I firmly believe it'll be this diet.

This book saved me. Reading success stories of people recovering from CFS is what got me through the worst moments. I hope my story does the same, and I will update again in a few months as I progress along my GAPS journey. I wish you all the best of health.

UPDATE 4/10/12: Spring has sprung here. I no longer seem to be affected by pollen, which in previous years gave me terrible allergies and sinus infections. In fact, I have not had a sinus infection in months. The arthritis symptoms are completely gone. I've lost 15 pounds and walk an hour or more just about daily in addition to my chores around the house. Also, for the last 3 months my monthly cycle has been just that (cyclical). In the 20 years I've been menstruating, I've NEVER once had a regular cycle. Now it's literally every 28-29 days. There has been no improvement on the mental stuff yet; in fact, the die-off seems to be temporarily making it much worse

UPDATE 3/1/13: I've been on GAPS for over a year now, with no deviation. No cheating whatsoever. I can honestly say I don't miss any of the "normal" food that I used to eat. This stuff is just so nutrient-dense that I don't ever think of eating anything else. And I used to literally be addicted to sugar. So, that's pretty cool. As to my progress - physically, I'm not much stronger than I was six months ago. But I'm still light-years ahead of where I was two years ago. Still taking walks, doing chores, knitting, able to function like a human being. I'm experiencing new die-off symptoms (caused by breaking up biofilm in my gut with probiotics and systemic enzymes, I believe) like visual disturbances, rosacea and other rashes, adrenaline rushes, numbness/tingling/burning in my extremities. Apparently, these things are all typical for Candida overgrowth.

I'm not surprised that I haven't experienced more physical improvement. My Candida infection was/is quite severe, and I've always anticipated that it would take several years to recover. Happily, though I am able to report a significant improvement in my mental well-being. My depressive episodes started to lift just a few months into GAPS, and now they are all but gone. My favorite improvement by far, however, has been with my anxiety and panic attacks. It took about a year, but they are about 85% gone, at this point. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to have some relief from this torment for the first time in over ten years (most of my adult life).

It should be obvious, but in case it's not, this protocol is not (nor does it claim to be) a quick-fix. I've had gut dysbiosis (and many, many rounds of antibiotics) since birth. It takes a long time to undo decades' worth of damage. The diet is only the base, although Dr. Natasha says that for many GAPS folks, the diet alone is enough. In my case, after the infection is gone, I will still need to detox, fix my adrenals completely, get my metabolic hormones back in order, and perhaps chelate. I have no delusions about how long this is going to take.

Thanks to all of you who have commented or contacted me over the past year; it's been wonderful swapping stories and information. I'm very grateful to you all. Here's to continued healing! :)

You might be interested in the articles about poor official dietary advice here.

Wayne

You might be interested in the articles about poor official dietary advice here.

I'm a bit confused. — The link you posted is to your thread on the importance of saturated fats in our diet. In the testimonial I posted, the woman stated the following: --- "At long last, my diet is providing the nutrients my body has been needing all along for repair (particularly cholesterol and saturated fats, which are sadly demonized in our culture)."

It seems you're in agreement with her on this issue. I personally don't believe in the saturated fats myth, which it appears has been perpetuated (at least in part) by various "unsaturated fats" economic interests (follow the money; it often seeps into "scientific orthodoxy" :)).

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I'm a bit confused. — The link you posted is to your thread on the importance of saturated fats in our diet. In the testimonial I posted, the woman stated the following: --- "At long last, my diet is providing the nutrients my body has been needing all along for repair (particularly cholesterol and saturated fats, which are sadly demonized in our culture)."

It seems you're in agreement with her on this issue. I personally don't believe in the saturated fats myth, which it appears has been perpetuated (at least in part) by various "unsaturated fats" economic interests (follow the money; it often seeps into "scientific orthodoxy" :)).

Yes - I am in agreement.

globalpilot

Cheers ....

Hi Elph,
Will you post the paper showing the strep etc infect the epithelial cells intracellularly ? I really need to see this and show my GI.

GP

Elph68

Hi GP,

I will get together some for you and send them through .... There is not a specific paper that says exactly what you ask for with regards to the GI tract.... the links haven't been made yet ....

Cheers.

determined

I followed this diet, actually more restrictive, for over 10 years. It helped during the absolute worst of this illness. It didn't make me well or anywhere close, but eating this way definitely helped. I'm trying to move back in this direction now....

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering

Well then Wayne how do you propose CFS was triggered in me and all members of family from my mothers side? All showed signs of CFS between ages 2-4.

I'm just curious to know how the diet theory links in there.

Wayne

Well then Wayne how do you propose CFS was triggered in me and all members of family from my mothers side? All showed signs of CFS between ages 2-4. ...... I'm just curious to know how the diet theory links in there.

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum. --- I'm sort of at a loss regarding your post and question; not sure exactly what you're asking. I'm of the belief CFS (whatever is actually is) can be triggered by any kind of shock, or combination of shocks (physical, emotional, infectious, environmental, etc.). It also depends on genetics and environment, both internal and external. Not sure if this answers your question on diet. --- Again, welcome to the forum.

Best, Wayne

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
Hi Jon, welcome to the forum. --- I'm sort of at a loss regarding your post and question; not sure exactly what you're asking. I'm of the belief CFS (whatever is actually is) can be triggered by any kind of shock, or combination of shocks (physical, emotional, infectious, environmental, etc.). It also depends on genetics and environment, both internal and external. Not sure if this answers your question on diet. --- Again, welcome to the forum.

Best, Wayne

Thank you Wayne. Appreciated.

Apologies if I wasn't specific enough. This thread focuses on diet and the different regimes which can cure/recover/remission CFS. I just asked how a bad diet can trigger CFS at age 3-4 for a generation. But if your belief is CFS is caused by a shock, of many kinds, then my question is invalid.

What do you think of the Strep theory posted by Elph?

Thank you again for welcoming me.

Daffodil

i have been eating quinoa the last few days and notice a lot of inflammation. i feel awful. i cannot say for sure it is from the quinoa but i have a feeling. i have never really eaten it before this.

i have been eating quinoa the last few days and notice a lot of inflammation. i feel awful. i cannot say for sure it is from the quinoa but i have a feeling. i have never really eaten it before this.

Hi Daffodil, I have the same issue with quinoa. All that I heard said it probably would be ok, but it inflamed me really badly. I am certain of this.