• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Scared. Don't know what's happening

littlebird6180

Last week I posted that I was feeling so much better due to the LDN kicking in. But now I feel like I've gone downhill so fast. I don't know if I'm getting sick but it feels like I did when I had Lyme disease years ago. My body hurts, I have headaches, nausea. I had two alcoholic drinks on Saturday night and woke up feeling like I had the worst hangover of my life. I vomited profusely and haven't felt right since.

Two drinks is not that unusual for me so I don't know why suddenly I'd get so sick. I had tried increasing to 3.5mg last week of LDN but went back to 3mg the past couple of nights to see if that's why.

I feel like I have a fever but I don't.

I know that's not enough to go on but it's all the info I can think of. I feel so sick I can barely get out of bed and just feel scared. It feels like my body is shutting down on me.

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Might "just" be PEM.. Maybe you overexerted because of feeling good mentally on LDN?

littlebird6180

Could it be a herxheimer? I had those when I treated Lyme. Are they similar on LDN? And why would LDN cause herxheimers?

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
So the recent new thing is the LDN and then things got worse after 2 alcohol drinks. Maybe there is a connection somehow - I don't know how, but those 2 things stand out.

Vineyard1

Please know that you are not alone. I have felt exactly as you do and it is quite scary for many reasons. I used to be able to tolerate 1 alcoholic drink every once in a while. One evening, I had a drink and the next day ended up just like you. It took me two weeks to go back to my baseline. I can't drink one sip of alcohol any longer. My body can no longer handle it. Sending healing energy your way!