• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Scared after reading this - brain fog linked to dementia and Korsakoff's psychosis??

Justin30

I just want to point out that if anyone has low VEGF this can lead to Hypoxia which is lack of oxygen in red blood cells....i think i right on this point.

This lack of oxygen is respinsible for may symptoms we experience.

Heres the kicker in ME/CFS it tends to be some sort of dysregulation where the system comes on and off again.

The result is waxing and waning of symptoms is my guess.

Violeta

I am wondering if thiamine deficiency could be a tie in between so many of the diseases that entail brain fog to one degree or another.

Brain fog in ME/CFS could be due to thiamine deficiency caused by any number of reasons, but in relation to alcohol induced dementia, it could be caused by the aldehydes produced by c. albicans.

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/thiamin

And see how the active forms of thiamin are phosphorylated? One would have to make sure they have a dietary source of phosphorus.
Thiamin occurs in the human body as free thiamin and as various phosphorylated forms: thiamin monophosphate (TMP), thiamin triphosphate (TTP), and thiamin pyrophosphate (TPP), which is also known as thiamin diphosphate.

It's also necessary for the production of energy, which we all seem to be certainly lacking, although there could be any number of reasons.
"Pyruvate dehydrogenase, α-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase, and branched-chain α-ketoacid dehydrogenase (BCKDH) each comprise a different enzyme complex found within cellular organelles called mitochondria. They catalyze the decarboxylationof pyruvate, α-ketoglutarate, and branched-chain amino acids to form acetyl-coenzyme A (CoA), succinyl-CoA, and derivatives of branched-chain amino acids, respectively. All products play critical roles in the production of energy from food through their connection to the citric acid (Krebs) cycle(2"